Respected Contributor

@Sooner---I agree, but then the small town and county I live in still have no cases as yet. There's still only drive-thru and carryout from restaurants and no hair salons are open yet. Here in Kansas I think the salons may start reopening at the next phase, which starts May 18.

Honored Contributor

The Gilroy Garlic Festival has been cancelled, that is the last week of July.  Fireworks are illegal in our County....except my town.  Idk of the will sell fireworks or not yet.  I hate it myself.  In the 32 years I have been here it is a war zone that day and weeks leading up to and after 4th.  We used to go away on the 4th..

Honored Contributor

In my small town everything is called off.

Esteemed Contributor

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@happycat wrote:

@CherryHugs wrote:

The 4th of July celebration Ius, has already been cancelled we found out yesterday!  Was surprised since I thought they mite decide next month.

Oh, how I wish it would be cancelled here, and no selling of fireworks. I know that is selfish, but my poor dogs just go bananas. Its hell for weeks, because of some of the neighbors.

@happycat 

I expect the same idiots who shoot off loud fireworks in the neighborhood will once again do so, cancellations or no cancellations.  It's already illiegal here to do it but that doesn't stop those jerks.

@QueenDanceALot,  if you need a silver lining be thankful that your idiots don't detonate Tannerite like my idiots do.

Here fireworks that leave the ground are illegal but that doesn't stop anyone.  Local idiots travel to SC where everything that's not banned on a federal level is permissible including bottle rockets, mortars, spinners, cakes, and aerial fireworks.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

It's stupid to cancel fireworks displays, and it's stupid to cancel a lot of things.  Good grief we cant stay isolated forever.  What's the point?  

Take precautions, evaluate risks for yourself, but to make laws, cancel all public events, etc.  Can't get a haircut?  In the USA?  

Most of the counties in my state are barely impacted by it.  But to heck with them. . . I guess.  

@Sooner    You only need to stay isolated until a vaccine is discovered that is safe and effective.  And if you want to stay alive, especially if you're a senior.  The worst thing you can do is mingle in a crowd.  Everyone will have to assess the risk and determine if the activity is worth it.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Speaking for myself I think it depends on where you live.

If I lived in New Y, Cal. Chicago, Florida I'd have a different attitude.

Where I live I'm going to go get haircut and teeth cleaned, waiting for

the Mall to open and Bed and Bath, etc.

Contributor

They may never find a vaccine so does the country stay closed for years?  

Honored Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

Speaking for myself I think it depends on where you live.

If I lived in New Y, Cal. Chicago, Florida I'd have a different attitude.

Where I live I'm going to go get haircut and teeth cleaned, waiting for

the Mall to open and Bed and Bath, etc.

Heart EXACTLY!!!!!

Respected Contributor

@happycat wrote:

@CherryHugs wrote:

The 4th of July celebration near us, has already been cancelled we found out yesterday!  Was surprised since I thought they mite decide next month.

Oh, how I wish it would be cancelled here, and no selling of fireworks. I know that is selfish, but my poor dogs just go bananas. Its hell for weeks, because of some of the neighbors.

Oh I so agree. I hate fire works for a few reason but mostly because I think of all the poor dogs that run away when they hear them. I rat out people in my neighborhood when they shoot them off because they're illegal in our city. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: 4th of July Cancelled?

[ Edited ]

OWe usually have many fairs and craft show events here in CT during the summer and early fall.  Our favorite, held on Labor Day weekend, has been cancelled.  I understand why - some many exhibitors and vendors that have to plan.  Our GC stay with us to go to a nice day camp for a week every summer.  It has been a fun time, but no one wants to take a chance.  DH are well up in years and don’t want to take the risk - and our children are very protective of us, as well.

We’ve had our share of deaths in CT (2,700 or so), so the threat is very real.  And having a DD who has the virus and successfully recovered at home, makes it even more real.