Trusted Contributor
Can anyone explain to me the ”In memory of” after the show ended? What happened to her?
Valued Contributor

Re: 48 Hours tonight? 3/30/19

Ana Real was a foreign news editor at CBS who died of leukemia several days ago.

Trusted Contributor

Thank you for the information!
Honored Contributor

It's obvious that she died.  The only time we use "In memory of" is when someone has passed away.

Trusted Contributor

Changing the subject a little bit, do you think tonight's case was a murder or suicide?  At the beginning of the show, I thought the military was trying to cover up some details.  However, as the show progressed and more was revealed about the couple's marriage, I came to believe it was a suicide.  Sad story no matter how it happened.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Jaspersmom  The biggest question I have with this is why would he shoot himself

with his left hand if he is right handed? 

If you are going to do it, I don't think someone is going to fool around using their

opposite hand. You don't want to have to keep attempting it, so therefore I do not

believe that he took his own life.

Feel terrible for his wife all the time she put into this and his daughters too. Now,

she might move his remains out of military cemetary.

Honored Contributor

I believe it was suicide. His wife has been trying to absolve herself, not only to assuage her conscience but for the sake of her daughters and their view of her.

By using his left hand and being in bed, I suspect he intended to make it appear that he was murdered  in his sleep. 

Honored Contributor

The main problem with this entire issue is the stigma attached to suicide.  This is a personal decision and I hate that the family is blamed and/or feels guilty.  I think the guy was murdered, its too bad forensic tests weren't done on the gun, like fingerprints and dna.  There were two shots, who misses their own head?  And of course the left/right issue.  However, I am disturbed by his last email.  

Honored Contributor

@Jaspersmom 

The first half of the show led us to believe it was a clearly murder but after the second half, I lean toward suicide.  The evidence strongly points to suicide but how he could shoot hisself with the wrong hand is up in the air.  His widow's inability to accept suicide leads me in that direction too.  It's like she feels responsible s she cannot stop fighting for a murder determination.  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I believe he was killed - no doubt about it!!!!!!!!!! The military usually covers up. He was going home in 2 months - and was NOT depressed.