Respected Contributor

Re: 48 Hours of Lousy Programing

On 5/16/2014 NoelSeven said:
On 5/16/2014 focksie said:

Noel, I had the phone in my hand for that pink thin strap watch. I had to tell myself "Just put the phone down. Now." I already have two of Isaac's watches and love them! Enjoy it. It's a beaut.

Hi focksie Smile The pink sold out but maybe there's a waiting list, if you change your mind {#emotions_dlg.devil2}

I have a couple others of his, too. Love them, and they are unbelievably inexpensive for what you get.

I have his pink ceramic watch and you'd be surprised at all the people that grab my wrist to look at the watch. It's a really pretty one. I'm going to have to check out the thin strap watch as it sounds really nice.

"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James
Honored Contributor

On 5/16/2014 Topaz Gem said:

Noel, I had the phone in my hand for that pink thin strap watch. I had to tell myself "Just put the phone down. Now." I already have two of Isaac's watches and love them! Enjoy it. It's a beaut.

Hi focksie Smile The pink sold out but maybe there's a waiting list, if you change your mind {#emotions_dlg.devil2}

I have a couple others of his, too. Love them, and they are unbelievably inexpensive for what you get.

I have his pink ceramic watch and you'd be surprised at all the people that grab my wrist to look at the watch. It's a really pretty one. I'm going to have to check out the thin strap watch as it sounds really nice.

I didn't see that one but I just know it has to be beautiful {#emotions_dlg.tt1}

I don't have a ceramic watch because I always assumed they're heavy. Do you find that to be true, because maybe it's not. I have tiny wrists, which is the only reason I haven't tried his expansion band watches. I loved that yellow polka dot watch he had a few days ago.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Respected Contributor

I didn't see that one but I just know it has to be beautiful {#emotions_dlg.tt1}

I don't have a ceramic watch because I always assumed they're heavy. Do you find that to be true, because maybe it's not. I have tiny wrists, which is the only reason I haven't tried his expansion band watches. I loved that yellow polka dot watch he had a few days ago.

Yes, they are heavier than a regular watch, but it doesn't seem to bother me. You might consider trying one on in a store and giving it a few minutes to see if it is something you could live with. If the ceramic watch is too loose, then the heaviness will bother you, because the watch will keep turning around. That's what happened with my first ceramic watch (not one of Isaac's). Once I had the jeweler remove another link, it was perfect.

"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James
Honored Contributor

Yes, they are heavier than a regular watch, but it doesn't seem to bother me. You might consider trying one on in a store and giving it a few minutes to see if it is something you could live with. If the ceramic watch is too loose, then the heaviness will bother you, because the watch will keep turning around. That's what happened with my first ceramic watch (not one of Isaac's). Once I had the jeweler remove another link, it was perfect.

Good idea, I'll try one on at Macys Smile

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Trusted Contributor

Everyone likes different shows..but I have to agree that the last few days have been monotonous to say the least. So I don't watch.

QVC has chopped down a lot of vendors for whatever reason, I wish they would bring some new ones in or bring some oldies but goodies back.

Besides, they make the most money on these products..beauty, fashion, and jewelry.

Honored Contributor

On 5/16/2014 mominohio said:

We should get into the 21st century someday at this house! We don't have dvr or anything that lets you record selected programming. It costs to add on to the cable bill, and I constantly consider shutting off cable because of the cost of even the most basic packages. I do envy my friends that are able to record an entire season of their favorite program, then have a marathon watching session when they have the time to do so. If I miss something, I have to hope I can catch it online or wait for the reruns. Technology CAN make life so much easier, can't it?

You don't have to have DVR you can buy a home DVD recorder and record shows onto the DVD. I've seen these with timers for under $100 for a Toshiba brand at one time. Sure you need to buy DVD's, but you can buy the RW-DVD(rewritable)and use them just like you did your VCR tapes. You can record over the what might be on them over and over and over again.

To get into a DVR is more expensive for sure and were I in a bind with money I would go the DVD recorder. Most of them you set to record later the same why you did the old VCR.

Something to think about without even needing your cable if you want to cancel it. You can DVD record right off of the free over-the-air broadcasts.

I been into electronic technologies since high school in the 1950's, and yes it does make things easier. The older technologies were not quite as simple to figure out how to use them. Can't tell you how many hours and days I spent people I know that bought a VCR that couldn't figure out how to set them up nor how to program them or anything.

The new technologies are much simpler to set up and figure out how to use them. At least the basic things on them. Some of them have so many features, most that the average person will probably never use, that it takes a lot of time and patience to really get to know what you are doing with them.

hckynut(john)
Super Contributor

On 5/16/2014 brii said: I received my Mizrahi TSV tunics today. They are beautiful

I'm on waitlist for the dark blue.

Are they nice and long, brii? I want to wear it with cropped leggings.

Valued Contributor

we just had Christmas----
Super Contributor

I agree completely agree with the OP but her words are falling on deaf ears.

Super Contributor

I like to veg out with some recorded movies on the weekends, anyway. I watched Seeking a Friend Till the End of the World and it's fantastic. You can probably find it on Netflicks or hulu.