Trusted Contributor

@Tissyanne  ..... You are right that is "built into the price of the food". The biggest costs being "built into the food" and the other merchandise are the employees salaries/benefits, etc. Someone has to pay for the employees income/benefits, etc. and that falls on the consumers.

Esteemed Contributor

I have never tried this popcorn, but if I was impressed enough, I would try it. 

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Honored Contributor

I have an air popper in the cupboards that hasn't been used in years.  You can get inexpensive organic unpopped corn at TJs.  Sprinkle a little nutritional yeast....treat time for pennies!

Esteemed Contributor

I have to admit I used to spend a lot on the Q's hull-less popcorn. When my mom became very ill, she really enjoyed popcorn. I told her about the popcorn without hulls and I bought her a bag. She loved it, so was always ordering more popcorn for her. 

For my mom, nothing was too expensive. For me, not so much Smiley Very Happy

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

@phoenixbrd wrote:

I have an air popper in the cupboards that hasn't been used in years.  You can get inexpensive organic unpopped corn at TJs.  Sprinkle a little nutritional yeast....treat time for pennies!

-------

Why would you possibly want to  sprinkle yeast, on your popcorn? 

How about some nice melted butter? 

**The devil made me ask that question, but yeast?? **

Valued Contributor

@SuhseK 

@SuhseK wrote:

@phoenixbrd wrote:

-------

Why would you possibly want to  sprinkle yeast, on your popcorn? 

to make it rise and grow bigger? It could increase how far your dollar goes  Smiley Very Happy

Whatever gets you through the night; it's alright, it's alright. It's your money or your life; it's alright, it's alright---John Lennon
Honored Contributor

@SuhseK @SunSprite 

FYI, Nutritional yeast (not the baking kind) is used to substitute for cheese flavor in certain diets.  

Super Contributor

i agree with you about the lobster. being overpriced for sure. i could get part of a bushel for that. it's a shame because i might purchase something if they were more reasonable. 

Valued Contributor

@Laura14  Thanks! Smiley Happy

(lol although I still think I may be on to something)

Whatever gets you through the night; it's alright, it's alright. It's your money or your life; it's alright, it's alright---John Lennon
Honored Contributor

With all the things we want bigger these days, you'd pass up Bezos in the bank account column day one.  If you invent that, you knew us little people when....Smiley Very Happy