Esteemed Contributor

43 and George Takei is not among them

[ Edited ]

On the MSN entertainment page, below the story about the "bad vibe" at NBC since Matt Lauer's firing, is a slideshow of "The Weinstein Effect."  43 pictures of "Powerful men accused of sexual harassment."

Didn't see George Takei.  And didn't read all of the accusations, but did see one was "passing a lewd comment."  Really?

So...where's George?  Why is he missing?  How is the accusation(s) against him different.  I wonder if....

Don't misunderstand...I like George.  I also believe in equality.

Keepin' it real.
Honored Contributor

Re: 43 and George Takei is not among them

Having listened to George interviewed on this subject profoundly disturbing, agree with esme: he's no different than the others.
Honored Contributor

@Sweet_Serenity wrote:
Having listened to George interviewed on this subject profoundly disturbing, agree with esme: he's no different than the others.

Yes, @Sweet_Serenity and he's not the only big name not on the list, and in denial.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@esmerelda wrote:

On the MSN entertainment page, below the story about the "bad vibe" at NBC since Matt Lauer's firing, is a slideshow of "The Weinstein Effect."  43 pictures of "Powerful men accused of sexual harassment."

Didn't see George Takei.  And didn't read all of the accusations, but did see one was "passing a lewd comment."  Really?

So...where's George?  Why is he missing?  How is the accusation(s) against him different.  I wonder if....

Don't misunderstand...I like George.  I also believe in equality.

I can't locate this article or slideshow on the MSN entertainment page.

Links might not be allowed. @esmerelda Please post the exact article and slideshow titles. Before I comment on an article or slideshow or criticize I prefer to see it and see who created it.

tia

Trusted Contributor

Just Google this and it will bring up the article that ran a few days ago on several websites.

43 Hollywood and Media Heavyweights Accused of Sexual Misconduct Since Harvey Weinstein 

By Brian Welk

Super Contributor

Thanks @MezzieStarr!

I'll look.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

mesmerelda wrote:

Just Google this and it will bring up the article that ran a few days ago on several websites.

43 Hollywood and Media Heavyweights Accused of Sexual Misconduct Since Harvey Weinstein 

By Brian Welk

Thanks for that article, @MezzieStarr!   I was looking, too.   A search for that article finds that the original was written by entertainment writer Brian Welk on "The Wrap" website on 11/22/17.

He has been updating it since then as he researches the story, and his updated title is:  "61 Hollywood and Media Heavyweights Accused of Sexual Misconduct Since Harvey Weinstein."  Last Updated: December 4, 2017

That growing list does include George Takei.

(source:  thewrap.com/hollywood-media-heavyweights-accused-sexual-misconduct-harvey-weinstein/)

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Esteemed Contributor

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

esme wrote:

@charvale  https://www.msn.com/en-au/entertainment/news/the-weinstein-effect-powerful-men-accused-of-sexual-har...

Thanks, @esmerelda!    That helps (helps me, at least).   I was finding the MSN entertainment page(s) busy and confusing.

It appears to me that particular limited slideshow is a part of the article "Gabriel Byrne reveals filming stopped on The Usual Suspects over allegation of 'sexually inappropriate behaviour' against Kevin Spacey" by Aoife Kelly from Ireland's Independent.ie website.    She clearly omitted many names.   While I was searching, I found numerous sites with their own lists and the vast majority do include Takei.   

(her article:    msn.com/en-gb/entertainment/entertainmentmovies/gabriel-byrne-reveals-filming-stopped-on-the-usual-suspects-over-allegation-of-sexually-inappropriate-behaviour-against-kevin-spacey/ar-BBGbBlK?li=BBoPWjQ)

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Super Contributor

Thanks everybody.

Looks like there's no agenda by sites to leave Takei out of the creep list. Doubt any source can list them all since it's a developing story.