Honored Contributor

Re: 4 year old El Paso child mauled by family dogs in enclosed trampoline

@goldensrbest wrote:

What was the breed?

Probably "sweet nanny dogs"

Our senior camping friend just had his dog chased and mauled to death by one of those a few weeks ago  The friend also got bitten pretty bad trying to rescue his little dog. This poor man just lost his wife and now his dog.  The vicious dog was not on a leash or controlled and was adopted recently.

Just before this happened, we had two small children mauled beyond belief while their mother was putting them in their car seats.  The neighbor's nanny dog jumped the fence.  Google it.  It happened near Philadelphia, PA.

You know it wasn't a pack of Yorkies

Esteemed Contributor

The article I read said the family owned 10 dogs of different breeds and sizes.

The 4yr olds 15 yr old brother tried to get one dog off of him and the dog was trying to bite him too...

The neighbor was interviewed and said the dogs were always fighting...

Esteemed Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

What was the breed?

Sheperds and pit bulls

Respected Contributor

I love dogs with all my heart but I also respect them and their instincts. Small children with squealing high pitched voices can trigger a predator/prey instinct in a normally gentle dog.

Leaving dogs and children alone in a confined, unstable place like a trampoline is a recipe for disaster. A disagreement even between two of the dogs can trigger attack mode.

They are, after all, animals. Not cute stuffed toys.

Esteemed Contributor

@nana59 wrote:

Once again I say, "You can't fix stupid!"  Hope the child finds a loving home...

Sadly, he was mauled to death.  Poor baby.

Honored Contributor

@Nataliesgramma wrote:

The article I read said the family owned 10 dogs of different breeds and sizes.

The 4yr olds 15 yr old brother tried to get one dog off of him and the dog was trying to bite him too...

The neighbor was interviewed and said the dogs were always fighting...

Too many dogs, they had pack instincts.   The owners were not responsible people and should be charged.

Respected Contributor

We grew up with dogs as well and our vet always told my parents too...NEVER trust a dog alone with a baby or child. My folks were always aware of that and while we enjoyed them as family pets, we were never allowed near them when they were eating and were not allowed to lie down on our dog.  NO dogs on the bed or furniture (ewww) either. Yes, it's an animal and will defend itself when scared or feels cornered. Small children running around screaming can aggravate an animal. Good Lord I hope this child is ok. Like my husband says it kills him when folks say oh it doesn't bite. Yea right - its got teeth doesn't it...why would anyone take that chance with their children?? Never understood that.

Valued Contributor

4 dogs together will revert to pack behavior, hunt, kill, and eat. Combine that with being confined, it's no wonder.
Esteemed Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

What was the breed?

Police identified the 4-year-old boy mauled and killed by a pack of dogs as Jacob Brooks. "The child had been left by his mother in an enclosed trampoline in the backyard where there were four dogs," police said in a news release.

Police said the dogs, which were of different breeds and sizes, were taken to animal control.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Honored Contributor

That family is to blame, that child was not being taken care of, too many dogs , i don't care what anyone thinks too many pits have it in them to bite,the poor shepards were learning from the pits.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.