Honored Contributor

4 out of 4 reviews were from people that did not have the product

[ Edited ]

I was looking at the reviews for the recent Lug Dory handbag TSV. There were four reviews and all four were from people that did not have the bag. 

New Contributor

Re: 4 out of 4 reviews were from people that did not have the product

I ordered a LUG bag with estimated delivery date of 2/2/23 - still haven't received.  I've tried to cancel it (and I've already been charged for it) but my order shows "attempting to cancel" and a new ETA of 2/20/23.  I've also had trouble with ordering directly from LUG.  Won't be ordered in LUG again.

Trusted Contributor

I really wish people couldn't post a review unless they've received the item. Their ratings  are meaningless yet they impact the overall rating.

Honored Contributor

It doesn't bother me if people who don't have the bag post reviews. I just ignore them and move on. 

Most companies use an outside party algorhythm for reviews. Reviews are posted as long as the wording meets the requirements in the algorhythm. They aren't touched by humans. 

It is what it is. I just don't have the inclination to care about those posts.

Honored Contributor

@CalminHeart @Some people only look at the stars. These reviews skew the star numbers. I read all the reviews before I buy. I like to know what to expect. Sometimes, what was a negative attribute for a reviewer is a positive attribute for me. 

Honored Contributor

I totally see your point Mindy. Of course we can move on and ignore, but I don't get a *reviewer* who thinks they should be giving one if they haven't even received the product. I get what you're saying...
Honored Contributor

@Mindy D wrote:

@CalminHeart @Some people only look at the stars. These reviews skew the star numbers. I read all the reviews before I buy. I like to know what to expect. Sometimes, what was a negative attribute for a reviewer is a positive attribute for me. 

It's on the consumer to know what they are buying. Q and lots of companies sell what I call junk. Others call it cute, gorgeous, or whatever and that's ok. But the consumer is still responsible.

Honored Contributor

I agree @Mindy D that people that don't have the product shouldn't be able to review! 

I have a few Lug bags and have been pleased with their products.  I ordered the overnite tote the other day.

Esteemed Contributor

I hear what you are saying @Mindy D and would agree.

But the reviews I find truly frustrating are those that have such conflicting comments. For example one reviewer will say "size down, this top runs huge" while the next reviewer states "size up at least two sizes, this top is cut very skimpy". These reviews seem to be on QVC's quality and not the customer.

This is why I rarely mail order my clothing. 

Trusted Contributor

@Mindy D @I agree 100%!