Reply
Respected Contributor
Posts: 11,367
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: 4 of 6 siblings share a wedding celebration

On 6/16/2014 FUTURE said:
On 6/16/2014 scotttie said:
On 6/16/2014 FUTURE said: I don't think Mormons can show shoulders. The one girl is. Maybe they aren't Mormon? Idk. But I do know that I would NOT want to plan a wedding with three other brides. Huh-uh.

Can you imagine! That huge of a wedding and accommodating each others tastes??

Yes, I just looked up the temple. It is the St. George Latter Day Saints temple in Utah.

Thank you, Scottie. I follow several Mormon bloggers, and they all had their shoulders covered. Maybe straps are ok. Or, I guess maybe a shawl/shrug while inside the Temple? Anyway, doesn't matter, but I was just wondering about that. As for planning with others,MK had a super small wedding, and, while beautiful, classy, and elegant, I knew what I wanted and planned it very quickly. So, the thought of planning with others and a potential bridezilla would've been off-putting to me. Smiley Wink But I think it's great that it probably cost them MUCH less by combing them!!


They must be very easy going girls! {#emotions_dlg.tt1}

Here's a video you might enjoy. I think it's the same girl.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UuqHg7z-3BY

Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,602
Registered: ‎04-11-2010

Re: 4 of 6 siblings share a wedding celebration

On 6/16/2014 scotttie said:
On 6/16/2014 FUTURE said:
On 6/16/2014 scotttie said:
On 6/16/2014 FUTURE said: I don't think Mormons can show shoulders. The one girl is. Maybe they aren't Mormon? Idk. But I do know that I would NOT want to plan a wedding with three other brides. Huh-uh.

Can you imagine! That huge of a wedding and accommodating each others tastes??

Yes, I just looked up the temple. It is the St. George Latter Day Saints temple in Utah.

Thank you, Scottie. I follow several Mormon bloggers, and they all had their shoulders covered. Maybe straps are ok. Or, I guess maybe a shawl/shrug while inside the Temple? Anyway, doesn't matter, but I was just wondering about that. As for planning with others,MK had a super small wedding, and, while beautiful, classy, and elegant, I knew what I wanted and planned it very quickly. So, the thought of planning with others and a potential bridezilla would've been off-putting to me. Smiley Wink But I think it's great that it probably cost them MUCH less by combing them!!


They must be very easy going girls! {#emotions_dlg.tt1}

I know. My kind of brides!! Smiley Wink lol!
Honored Contributor
Posts: 18,650
Registered: ‎04-28-2010

Re: 4 of 6 siblings share a wedding celebration

What a great idea, especially when four adult children are going to be married at approx. the same time in the year. I'd be thrilled to be their parent. The best of luck to each couple.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Super Contributor
Posts: 1,066
Registered: ‎03-12-2010

Re: 4 of 6 siblings share a wedding celebration

On 6/16/2014 adelle38 said:
On 6/16/2014 lulu2 said:
On 6/16/2014 adelle38 said:
On 6/16/2014 lulu2 said:
On 6/16/2014 adelle38 said:
<br />

What is irreverent about women's shoulders?

I do not think it is just women's shoulders. In many European countries tank tops and shorts are forbidden in Catholic Churches.

That's hardly the same as a formal wedding gown.

A strapless gown shows far more skin than a tank top.

There was a time we needed to cover our heads in church.

What is the big deal covering your shoulders during the church ceremony? The bride can bare all she wants at the reception.

I live in a shore town and in our church there is a sign stating proper attire is required. Strapless tops are a no-no..

There was a time when women couldn't show their ankles. Times have changed. There's nothing indecent or disrespectful about a strapless gown.

If you are not Catholic... don't worry about it.

Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,482
Registered: ‎04-17-2010

Re: 4 of 6 siblings share a wedding celebration

On 6/16/2014 Luv2Decorate said:

If you are not Catholic... don't worry about it.

Perfect advice.

Trusted Contributor
Posts: 3,697
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: 4 of 6 siblings share a wedding celebration

On 6/17/2014 abbeythe8th said:
On 6/16/2014 Luv2Decorate said:

If you are not Catholic... don't worry about it.

Perfect advice.

I am Catholic and I have attended many weddings where the bride wore strapless gowns. I don't ""worry"" about it but I think that priest is focusing on the wrong thing. It's a matter of individual taste. There is nothing disrespectful about wearing a strapless wedding gown.

It's always a victory for me when I remember why I entered a room.
Honored Contributor
Posts: 20,019
Registered: ‎08-08-2010

Re: 4 of 6 siblings share a wedding celebration

It is wonderful to see kids who aren't selfish and immature "bridezillas". This type of mature, sharing behavior among young people is almost unheard of these days. This seems like a story that would go back to the Great Depression or World War II when people made sacrifices and shared. I'm sure this wasn't about financial need, but about sharing and loving your family, but so uncharacteristic of today's youth. Great story.

Super Contributor
Posts: 856
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: 4 of 6 siblings share a wedding celebration

The strapless wedding dress strikes again! Can canned soup, crock pots and drinking beer from bottles be far behind? {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

ETA that I think the fact that those kids get along so well and wanted to do this speaks volumes about their family and values. Good for them!

Honored Contributor
Posts: 26,549
Registered: ‎12-17-2012

Re: 4 of 6 siblings share a wedding celebration

On 6/17/2014 reese2 said:

The strapless wedding dress strikes again! Can canned soup, crock pots and drinking beer from bottles be far behind? {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

ETA that I think the fact that those kids get along so well and wanted to do this speaks volumes about their family and values. Good for them!

Hey reese ... how did you know that's what they served at the reception? {#emotions_dlg.sneaky}{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Respected Contributor
Posts: 2,945
Registered: ‎08-12-2013

Re: 4 of 6 siblings share a wedding celebration

If things are still the same when you are married in the Mormon temple you wear a temple gown not a typical wedding dress.

Beautiful family