Esteemed Contributor

Re: 4 U.S. Servicemen head home

Was there a reason for posting the photo in the OP without comment?  It is at least two or three years old.

The photo of M sgt. McKenna is, of course, current news.  May he  rest in peace.

distinguished soldier."

An Army carry team transports the remains of Army 1st

An Army carry team transports the remains of Army 1st Sgt. Peter A. McKenna Jr., of Bristol, R.I., upon arrival Aug. 10 at Dover Air Force Base, Del. (Photo: Jose Luis Magana/AP)

http://www.armytimes.com/story/military/2015/08/09/senator-rhode-island-soldier-dies-in-afghanistan/...

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Honored Contributor

I'm reminded of the movie, 'Taking Chance'.  IIRC it is an HBO movie.  Well worth watching.

What Biancardi said was my first thought when I saw those caskets pictured above.  I'll leave that at that.

This is always so sad, but it cannot be hidden.  

Esteemed Contributor

Grieving the senseless loss of this young soldier from here in my home state......

@Marp wrote:

Was there a reason for posting the photo in the OP without comment?  It is at least two or three years old.

The photo of M sgt. McKenna is, of course, current news.  May he  rest in peace.

distinguished soldier."

An Army carry team transports the remains of Army 1st

An Army carry team transports the remains of Army 1st Sgt. Peter A. McKenna Jr., of Bristol, R.I., upon arrival Aug. 10 at Dover Air Force Base, Del. (Photo: Jose Luis Magana/AP)

http://www.armytimes.com/story/military/2015/08/09/senator-rhode-island-soldier-dies-in-afghanistan/...

Trusted Contributor

@biancardi,  I am so glad you posted what you did. Looking at this photo without a comment and it being older made this topic generic and jarring. The first thoughts I had were exactly your comments. Sad state of affairs all around. 

I Discovered That I Can Be Myself Without the Sky Falling In
Esteemed Contributor

I wish that the OP had posted a graphic warning and used a more appropriate title instead of going for shock value.

jmo
Respected Contributor

Very sad, but I too wonder what OP's point was in posting a 2 to 3 year old photo without a comment.

~Enough is enough~
Honored Contributor

@Lila Belle wrote:
I wish that the OP had posted a graphic warning and used a more appropriate title instead of going for shock value.

jmo

Agree.  "Head home" implies that they are alive.  

Honored Contributor

@mstyrion 1 wrote:

Very sad, but I too wonder what OP's point was in posting a 2 to 3 year old photo without a comment.

I truly wonder the point as well. No explanation. Nothing.  Go be cryptic regarding any other subject - not deceased soldiers.

Esteemed Contributor

@Mj12 wrote:

@mstyrion 1 wrote:

I truly wonder the point as well. No explanation. Nothing.  Go be cryptic regarding any other subject - not deceased soldiers.

ita

Respected Contributor

I didn't think I was being cryptic. These for that died in Afghanistan were all over the news. If yours didn't show it you should be asking why.