Respected Contributor

Re: 4 U.S. Servicemen head home

I watch and listen to more main stream news.  What is this in referece to?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

This thread is a BEAUTIFUL illustration I was trying to make in a former thread about American Flag lowering to half-staff.

http://community.qvc.com/t5/Community-Chat/quot-I-spy-with-my-little-eye-American-Flag-Still-Lowered...

ALL soldiers dying in Hostile/Non-Hostile conditions should have national Half-Staff recognition....not just the ones 'trending on Twitter'.    

Many posters don't even know who are in these caskets draped with American Flags....or even WHEN this happened.  Everyone will remember Chattanooga but unfortunately the deaths represented in this photograph was, hate to say, a non-event. If every soldier, who lost their life, received the news coverage & national recognition as Chattanooga, maybe it would be a tipping point.

Lowering the flags for ALL soldiers will give ALL those former lives the importance they deserve. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

OMG, I am appalled at all the comments about the picture being "old"!!!  What difference does it make whether it was yesterday or 10/20 years ago, military members die overseas every day defending this country!  Dover AFB, DE is the mortuary for shipping bodies from overseas, this is the primary function of this base, we were stationed there for 3 years!!!

Esteemed Contributor

Whatever the intent or the incident illustrated by the photos was not the point of my comment.

There are posters who have lost loved ones in service or have loved ones currently serving.

Without a warning of the nature of this thread it could be very upsetting to some in our community.

I'm just asking for posters to be sensitive to the feelings of military families and jobs where people put their lives on the line.
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Marp wrote:

Was there a reason for posting the photo in the OP without comment?  It is at least two or three years old.

The photo of M sgt. McKenna is, of course, current news.  May he  rest in peace.

distinguished soldier."

An Army carry team transports the remains of Army 1st

An Army carry team transports the remains of Army 1st Sgt. Peter A. McKenna Jr., of Bristol, R.I., upon arrival Aug. 10 at Dover Air Force Base, Del. (Photo: Jose Luis Magana/AP)

http://www.armytimes.com/story/military/2015/08/09/senator-rhode-island-soldier-dies-in-afghanistan/...

@Marp

Smiley sad 027.gif
You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Regular Contributor

The saddest part of war we need to remember, rest in peace.

Respected Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@Marp wrote:

Was there a reason for posting the photo in the OP without comment?  It is at least two or three years old.

The photo of M sgt. McKenna is, of course, current news.  May he  rest in peace.

distinguished soldier."

An Army carry team transports the remains of Army 1st

An Army carry team transports the remains of Army 1st Sgt. Peter A. McKenna Jr., of Bristol, R.I., upon arrival Aug. 10 at Dover Air Force Base, Del. (Photo: Jose Luis Magana/AP)

http://www.armytimes.com/story/military/2015/08/09/senator-rhode-island-soldier-dies-in-afghanistan/...

@Marp

Smiley sad 027.gif

❤️

••• Please adopt don't shop ••• Save a life adopt a pet •••