4/21 Queen Elizabeth's Birthday Concert

rs_1024x759-180421191308-1024-queen-elizabeth-queens-birthday.ct.042118.jpg 

Happy Birthday 🌹🎉🥂

Honored Contributor

Re: 4/21 Queen Elizabeth's Birthday Concert

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/KzCe3mgqxJA/maxresdefault.jpg

Honored Contributor

Doesn't she look good. I was in London one year when they celebrated Queen Elizabeth's second birthday celebration - in June. I went to Hyde Park. There were people there nothing else. Suddenly, 12 canons came up the hill. I had my camera all ready. Well, the first canon went off. I was startled by how loud the noise was - I got a picture of the blue sky. The canons went off 11 more times. Just as fast as they came they were gone.

Happy Birthday Queen Elizabeth.

Honored Contributor

@Sweet_Serenity.  You seem to have a fascination with the British royalty so I wanted to tell you, if you have Netflix, they've upload a bunch of new documentaries on various members of the family.  There's a new one on Kate which I started watching two nights after I went to bed.  Fell asleep and never saw the end either night.  There's also one on Camilla I never saw before.  They always have a lot but they've really outdone themselves now.

They also have Gone With The Wind available right now.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 

"The House of Windsor"  

Drawing on newly available info, this show traces how the British royal family has survived the last 100 years of power struggles, politics and more. 

Like you often fall asleep watching, beauty of Netflix ability watching anytime. 

GWTW no longer on Netflix.

Camille imo wrongly accused of breaking up Charles and Diana.

Marriage doomed before the wedding, mismatched couple nothing in common.

Duchess Kate: Interesting you mention yesterday watched her wedding 5mins mainly to see the dress, she looked beautiful. @Kachina624  Rolls Royce moment executed perfectly. Princess in every sense of the word.

Honored Contributor

Tom Jones, still gettin' it done at 78.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

@VaBelle35 wrote:

Tom Jones, still gettin' it done at 78.

Funny you say that. 

We had tickets to go see him last Sept in LA (coming from the east coast). 

Literally-- hours before flying out, my son (who kept teasing this rock n roller about seeing an old fuddy duddy) that Tom Jones was in the hospital and the concerts were cancelled.

So I googled the story and sure 'nough--dehydrated and in hospital in Monaco.  Oy!

We went to LA for the week anyway and still have the tix to go see him next month at the Greek Theater in LA.

For some reason I've always wanted to go see him in concert and am looking forward to it!

Honored Contributor

@Lucky Charm  I want to see him as well.  I've been to Vegas 5 times and he is never there when I am there.

I need to get our schedules in sync before he retires.

I was fortunate to see Tony Bennett a few years ago and he is still putting on a great show as well.

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

I just got caught up on Tom's life.  I didn't know he was a coach on The Voice UK for 4 seasons.  He was replaced by Boy George.

I also didn't know that his wife passed away 2 years ago.

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN