Valued Contributor

I think the reason they are showing two different times for 3D and regular is to charge more. But, I really don't care. I am going to go for the 3D knowing I can take them off if I get seasick.

Thanks for your replies.

Respected Contributor
On 5/18/2014 TaxyLady said:

I think the reason they are showing two different times for 3D and regular is to charge more. But, I really don't care. I am going to go for the 3D knowing I can take them off if I get seasick.

Thanks for your replies.

Taxy...I don't know but I don't think you can watch without the glasses? At least that's the way 3D used to be. It's all blurry without them.?

Honored Contributor

I don't really care about special effects anyway but I can't watch anything in 3D as I get dizzy and nauseated.

Respected Contributor

Thanks for your replies.

you cannot watch the movie then, if you take off the glasses. Everything will be out of focus. That is why you need the glasses - 3-D has a special projector and different types of film than a regular film

You don't need to see it in 3D then. Just see it normally.

If you can't fix what's broken, you'll go insane ~ Max
Look, I don’t like the taste of broccoli, but it doesn’t get tastier if you call it “Broccoli!”!
You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling. ~ Eames
Super Contributor

Thanks for your replies.

In my multi-plex theater, they showed the regular version of "Avatar" and the 3-D version of "Avatar" at the same time, so the movie go-er was charged the same price to see the movie.

Now, prices are different if you see a matinee, or late night movie.

And if you take off the 3-D glasses during the movie, everything will be blurry and out-of-focus.

Was Yuban, then changed to Plaid Pants due to forum upgrade, and apparently, I'm back to being Yuban.
Esteemed Contributor

our theater charges more to see the movie in 3D......our glasses come wrapped in plastic so I am hoping they take the old ones and sanitize them....we have a choice to drop them off or not....we always put them in the container they provide...

frankly 3D today is not like the 3D in days of yore...so I am not convinced the extra charge is worth it....I leave it up to my grands which they prefer..mostly they chose the NON 3D...

Esteemed Contributor

As others mentioned, most theaters will give you the choice between the 3D and non 3D version. I don't recall one that just offered one way, unless it was at the end of the movie's run. A movie like Avatar made the 3D totally worth it. However, my local critic said that it wasn't worth it for this movie. He suggested IMAX, if you have one of those theaters around you.

Edited to add that I think we do pay more for 3D even if they are showing both versions.

Valued Contributor

Ok, now I understand. The regular showing and the 3D showing because the film is different. I have never seen a 3D movie. But I don't want to feel sick like someone said. So maybe I will just see the regular version.

Super Contributor

I have never seen a 3-D movie and it sounds fun but I would take some wipes to wipe down the glasses before I put them on my head. Unless everyone gets a new pair.

Trusted Contributor

The theater gives you 3D glasses encased in a plastic bag, brand new - here they cost $3 more for 3D, so I see very few 3D movies. At the end of the movie you place the used glasses in a trash bag & they are recycled.

I enjoyed GODZILLA thoroughly & did not see it in 3D. I don't think many films are worth $11 (Senior price, $12 for Adults). It's bad enough paying $8 reg. Senior price.