Esteemed Contributor

Re: $35 for 32oz of body wash ????

To be honest there is nothing in philosophy body wash that warrants the price, as with most skincare products. Suave products are just as good if not better when you break down the the ingredient list. As a matter of fact, philosophy makes some of the most irritating products on the market. Their face wash and moisturizer are just a few of their products that aren't fit for skin. The face wash has about 10 known irritating ingredients that impede collagen stimulation.

People who believe more expensive means better in skincare make these companies rich.

My skincare regime is fairly cheap and my products are highly effective and cutting edge in terms of science. I do splurge but usually only on cosmetics like lip gloss, foundation and mascara. I know I can get just as good drug store products but sometimes you get the perfect color or texture and can't find a dupe for it.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Trusted Contributor

@Irshgrl31201 wrote:

To be honest there is nothing in philosophy body wash that warrants the price, as with most skincare products. Suave products are just as good if not better when you break down the the ingredient list. As a matter of fact, philosophy makes some of the most irritating products on the market. Their face wash and moisturizer are just a few of their products that aren't fit for skin. The face wash has about 10 known irritating ingredients that impede collagen stimulation.

People who believe more expensive means better in skincare make these companies rich.

My skincare regime is fairly cheap and my products are highly effective and cutting edge in terms of science. I do splurge but usually only on cosmetics like lip gloss, foundation and mascara. I know I can get just as good drug store products but sometimes you get the perfect color or texture and can't find a dupe for it.

So true!

I Discovered That I Can Be Myself Without the Sky Falling In
Esteemed Contributor

@Irshgrl31201 wrote:

*********************************************************************************************

I really wish I could use Suave products, but every single one I have ever tried made me want to scratch my skin off. I don't care about brands or anything like that, I just want something reasonably priced that doesn't irritate my skin.

I will splurge occasionally for something that really smells wonderful, like the bath product made to go with one of my favorite perfumes.

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Esteemed Contributor

@betteb wrote:

@Irshgrl31201 wrote:

*********************************************************************************************

I really wish I could use Suave products, but every single one I have ever tried made me want to scratch my skin off. I don't care about brands or anything like that, I just want something reasonably priced that doesn't irritate my skin.

I will splurge occasionally for something that really smells wonderful, like the bath product made to go with one of my favorite perfumes.

There are other more economical brands out there that are great for sensitive skin. Aveeno, Eucerin, Cetaphil, Free and Clear and Paulas Choice all make some great body washes that are free of irritants and fragrances that can upset sensitve skin. Plus they contain great soothing ingredients that are hydrating and beneficial to the skin. All that I mentioned are moderately priced.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Honored Contributor

I found a 16oz at Ross for $8.    I bought it just so I could say I have tried it..........

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Irshgrl31201 wrote:

@betteb wrote:

@Irshgrl31201 wrote:

There are other more economical brands out there that are great for sensitive skin. Aveeno, Eucerin, Cetaphil, Free and Clear and Paulas Choice all make some great body washes that are free of irritants and fragrances that can upset sensitve skin. Plus they contain great soothing ingredients that are hydrating and beneficial to the skin. All that I mentioned are moderately priced.

***************************************************************************************

Yes, I have and do use some of those. Right now I'm doing pretty well with Organix Moroccan Argan Oil Body Wash. It's not bad price, but it's not $1 like Suave, darnit!

Di mentioned Philosophy at TJ Maxx or maybe it was Ross? Anyway, I do try to find higher end stuff at those stores too. 

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Esteemed Contributor

@betteb wrote:

@Irshgrl31201 wrote:

@betteb wrote:

@Irshgrl31201 wrote:

***************************************************************************************

Yes, I have and do use some of those. Right now I'm doing pretty well with Organix Moroccan Argan Oil Body Wash. It's not bad price, but it's not $1 like Suave, darnit!

Di mentioned Philosophy at TJ Maxx or maybe it was Ross? Anyway, I do try to find higher end stuff at those stores too. 

Yes, you can find some really good deals there for sure!!!

JFK
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

God Bless America

It's all nice to pamper yourself, etc., but have we forgotten that bathing is simply about the act of getting clean ? These items are beginning to cost what good food used to cost that you could only afford for Sunday dinners. Now everyone is expected to buy these things for daily bathing. With the cost of everything being so high (and I don't think prices are going to lower) I am thinking that spending money on things that literally "wash down the drain" is an effort in futility and empty pockets. I don't deny it isn't nice to luxuriate in at times, but not for nightly washing of all familly members, including the dog. Add the designer hair products, body souffles, etc., for afterwards and a small fortune is spent on nightly bedtime preparations. Of course, this is even before the lady hits her vanity to apply her layers of expensive beauty products.

It's not as much fun perhaps but a nice bar of soap can get you just as clean and you can save a small fortune. I grew up on bars of soap and I have pretty good and very clean skin. I 'm just saying that this is one area where you can save money and still get the job done. I'm thinking about the cost of living, health care, etc. in retirement and rather put away a few dollars for that as opposed to fragrant suds in my shower.

It's so tempting when listening to these vendors discuss these products because they make you feel pretty pitiful if you don't bathe daily in this fashion, and have your spouse and children do the same.

I tried it, liked it, and felt like I was not being good to my budget. I'm much happier and just as clean now. There are some really great producrts on the market today much less expensive than those on TV.

But you do whatever makes you happy ! Life is short.

I'm happy doing it my way now! 

Have a really great holiday !

Respected Contributor

I use the Philosophy 3-in-ones, and have a fairly strong dislike of the brands that have been mentioned here as preferable.They are either too strongly scented, dry out my skin, or break me out. 

The Phil. products are available at my local TJ Maxx's.  A large one lasts a year but I prefer the small ones because I get tired of the same scent day in and day out.

Everyone's skin is different, as is everyone's idea of a permissible treat. I especially like the way the 3-in-1s smell lovely in the shower but don't linger on the skin afterwards. 

Honored Contributor

I don't use a ton of body washes, but my sensitive skin, prone to ezcema, likes this.