Honored Contributor

Re: 33rd horse dies at Santa Anita track of possible heart attack

When it comes to money and greed people will resort to do anything whether they are hurting people or animals.  Look at how poachers are killing lions, rhinos, elephants, tigers because of ignorant people who buy into stupid claims their organs or tusks cure or add to pleasure.  It is so sick but it is money in the pocket.  I won't go into what I wish for those who are behind all this, trophy hunters included.  

The owners and all those involved at Santa Anita need to be held accountable and shut down.  It is horrific and obviously their changes haven't meant a thing if they ever did at all.  The track needs to be closed until these horse deaths are investigated thoroughly and harsh penalties put into place.  How dare these people be allowed to continue running this death track, it is so wrong and has been going on for much too long. 

Thanks to all who are trying to help the horses and for exposing such cruelty, may they be rewarded and blessed.  Most importantly may these horses be free and protected.

Frequent Contributor

The Breeders Cup Classic ($6 Million) was just held at Santa Anita.  Mongolian Groom broke down at the 8th pole.  It did not look good.  Appeared he broke his back leg.  So sad.  My heart broke watching Mongolian Groom.  How many horse are going to have to get injured or die for greed?       

Honored Contributor

The entire facility should be shut down...they left it up to the owners? How self-serving to continue to let horses die...these animals are nothing more than commodities to them and they need to find out who is killing and injuring these animals....and hopefully lock them up for a long time. It is just sickening to think about.