Respected Contributor

30 Day Price Guarantee

[ Edited ]

Not sure if QVC offers this but I know HSN does.  I thought it was based on 30 days from the day of receipt but I was told it was 30 days from purchase date.  Bummed because a bath & body set I bought on 12/3 went down on 1/8 and even though it might have just made it within the 30 days of receipt it was past the 30 days of purchase.   :-(

Honored Contributor

Given the variability of how long items take to be delivered nowadays, I'm surprised it isn't based on date of receipt (according to tracking info).

The customer has no control over when the product actually gets to them, especially if, as sometimes happens, items get backordered or delayed for other reasons.

If it's very close, you might want to contact one of the mods on these forums for a second opinion.

Honored Contributor

you may want to email qvcsocialteam@qvc.com OR put your concern in the customer care forums.

i have never had a problem getting a price adjustment within 30 days of my having received the item, not from date of purchase.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

Thanks @Venezia and @sunshine45 -- this particular purchase came from HSN and I was pretty sure it had been based on receipt date before -- didn't know if that might have been changed, especially with the Qurate ownership, but good to know QVC offers it as well because I couldn't remember if they did so as a standard practice.

Honored Contributor

I thought items bought in the period before Christmas could be returned until January 31??  Or was that policy only good for certain items??  I didn't pay much attention!!!

Honored Contributor

@sueinsf- Wow, I just checked out the HSN website and saw that is their policy.  Good to know, but I don't order a lot from HSN after a nasty mess with one of my orders that took me (literally) months to sort out.  And it was all their mistake (finally took a certified letter to the CEO to get it resolved).

While there I did find some useful information for myself!  I had ordered a Beekman 1802 item in November.  Actually, I ordered a lot, but this was the multi-pack of facial wipes.  Well, to say they're awful, is an understatement, dry and the smell is overpowering.  And as it's past the 30 days for return, I figured I'd live with them and never reorder.  I've just discovered, thanks to you, that they also have the Holiday Return period through January 31st.

I ordered through Paypal, so can reclaim the return postage.  So thank you!  I'm sorry your issue didn't work out, but you did me a favor.

Respected Contributor

@kaydee50 wrote:

I thought items bought in the period before Christmas could be returned until January 31??  Or was that policy only good for certain items??  I didn't pay much attention!!!

You are correct on the 1/31/19 return date.  Price reduction credits would only be 30 days from date of purchase.

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@kaydee50 wrote:

@kaydee50 that's the holiday return policy. The OP was asking about the 30 day price guarantee- and yes, it's 30 days from the order date. I've gotten adjustments past 30 days if I nudged them enough though!  I'll only press it if the adjustment is significant.

Respected Contributor

Re: 30 Day Price Guarantee

[ Edited ]

@Venezia wrote:

@sueinsf- Wow, I just checked out the HSN website and saw that is their policy.  Good to know, but I don't order a lot from HSN after a nasty mess with one of my orders that took me (literally) months to sort out.  And it was all their mistake (finally took a certified letter to the CEO to get it resolved).

While there I did find some useful information for myself!  I had ordered a Beekman 1802 item in November.  Actually, I ordered a lot, but this was the multi-pack of facial wipes.  Well, to say they're awful, is an understatement, dry and the smell is overpowering.  And as it's past the 30 days for return, I figured I'd live with them and never reorder.  I've just discovered, thanks to you, that they also have the Holiday Return period through January 31st.

I ordered through Paypal, so can reclaim the return postage.  So thank you!  I'm sorry your issue didn't work out, but you did me a favor.

@Venezia I'm so glad that helped you out!!  You know, I've bought a number of the Beekman wipes (mostly from Evine) and not had any problem (although some of the scents are strong), so that is too bad about your experience.

I also did go to the HSN website and did see it posted as 30 days from the order date.  I still think it might have been received date in the past, but not anymore.  I also remember when they had a customer service chat feature and that's gone too.  Oh well!  The difference was $6, not really worth fighting over, but on a $30-$35 item that's a decent amount!