Honored Contributor

Re: $30,000 handbag story UPDATE

@nun ya wrote:

I would think that's the chance you take at carrying a handbag that cost as much as a car. Get insurance.

Huh?  So we should only wear our expensive things in the safety of our homes....LOL   Should we keep our cars locked in our garage and take a bus to work too....LOL   

Esteemed Contributor

@chrystaltree Really? That’s what you got from that post? How about get insurance so you can feel a little more secure when you’re carrying something expensive. You get insurance to protect things of value so that you can be comfortable using them.

Keepin' it real.
Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

@dex 

The vast majority of people wouldn't have just walked off like that.  I find it mind boggling.

Well my dh wanted to get those burning hot liquids off his private parts before he got serious burns.He was also very surprised by the incident and embarrassed too.

Honored Contributor

@dex wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

@dex 

The vast majority of people wouldn't have just walked off like that.  I find it mind boggling.

Well my dh wanted to get those burning hot liquids off his private parts before he got serious burns.He was also very surprised by the incident and embarrassed too.

What the heck did your husband have to be embarrassed about?   

Frequent Contributor

@esmerelda wrote:

@chrystaltree Really? That’s what you got from that post? How about get insurance so you can feel a little more secure when you’re carrying something expensive. You get insurance to protect things of value so that you can be comfortable using them.

This is kind of related and kind of off topic but something I often wonder about.  What about people that drive really, really expensive cars - Bentleys, Lamborghinis, etc. ?

Who carries enough insurance to cover damage to one of those cars in case one is in an accident (and at fault) with a really expensive car?  Should everyone have to have ridiculously high property damage insurance to cover someone who chooses to spend hundreds of thousands of dollar on a car?

I agree with @chrystaltree, if you decide to carry (or drive) something that expensive, it is on you to get insurance to protect it.  Just my thoughts . . . 

Honored Contributor

What a terrible idea. A waiter isn't going to have anywhere near enough income to pay for that. So now the club is in the news for both the original service/training problem and an ill advised, pointless lawsuit. Sounds like a lousy place to work and a lousy place to be a member.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Respected Contributor

@Abrowneyegirl wrote:
There's been a new twist regarding the woman suing the country club over the ruined $30,000 handbag......... The country club is now suing the waiter who destroyed the handbag with the red wine!
!?!?!
This country club apparently has no concept of good PR.

What are they going to do, garner his minimum wages?

Respected Contributor

@cherry wrote:

I wonder what their turnover in staff is like?

I'm guessing it's about to get much higher.

Esteemed Contributor

@JohnnyWasnt  It can be confusing, but @nun ya is the one who said get insurance.

Keepin' it real.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@chrystaltree wrote:

@nun ya wrote:

I would think that's the chance you take at carrying a handbag that cost as much as a car. Get insurance.

Huh?  So we should only wear our expensive things in the safety of our homes....LOL   Should we keep our cars locked in our garage and take a bus to work too....LOL   

She did not say you should not use your expensive things, @chrystaltree, she said that you always take a chance when using them. That's a factual statement, so I'm not sure why there's an issue with it. 

By law, you have to have insurance for your car precisely because the risk is a fact.