Super Contributor

Re: 3 new stamps available for pre order now

@gidgetgh thanks for the info on upcoming new stamps.  I will get all three.  

Honored Contributor

I like the unique Lunar choice.

Very, very interesting illustration.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

if i dont miss them i will get them all at one of our post offices close by.

i still need the services of the post office so i do have to go in several times a month.

i would love to be able to get a few of those HEART stamps. we are in the process of planning a wedding and they can be used on invitations and response cards.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@Ruby Laine. A person cannot be honored on a stamp until deceased, so Gwen could not have been so honored as you wished.
Valued Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:
@Ruby Laine. A person cannot be honored on a stamp until deceased, so Gwen could not have been so honored as you wished.

That is true. My post wasn't clear. I wish she could have seen her stamp. I started collecting stamps in 1962 although I stopped in my 20s.

At one time a person had to be dead for 10 years, then 5 years, before being honored. This must have changed again because I don't think Gwen Ifill has been dead 5 years. 

I think honoring those living could be risky in many cases!  You never know what things will come to light. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Ruby Laine wrote:

Thanks, @gidgetgh, for all your posts on upcoming stamps. I buy stamps at the local Post Office, so I will be on the lookout for these at the end of January. 

Gwen Ifill is so deserving--I wish she had been honored before she died. Love the heart stamp, too!

@Ruby Laine  ..... sorry but, I have absolutely no idea who she is/was ..... never even heard her name. 

Valued Contributor

@January121, she moderated a couple of Presidential debates, but before that she hosted Washington Week in Review on PBS. She worked for The NY Times and I think, but don't quote me, The Washington Post.

Honored Contributor

Love Gwen Ifill. I really miss her

Trusted Contributor

Thank you for the heads up, I love stamps so I am always interested in knowing what is coming out soon!! 

Respected Contributor

Sorry to even ask this question but how much is a stamp?  I have no idea and forever stamps I don't keep up anymore.