Honored Contributor

Re: 2nd Covid shot appointment

I just got the text with my appointment date about 5 minutes ago!  

My second shot is next Friday morning.  I am so relieved that I don't have to fret about that all weekend.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

My second shot is next Friday morning.  I am so relieved that I don't have to fret about that all weekend.

Did you ever in your wildest dreams think that an upcoming shot in the arm would make your day? @gidgetgh 

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@gidgetgh wrote:

Did you ever in your wildest dreams think that an upcoming shot in the arm would make your day? @gidgetgh 

@suzyQ3 that's the truth.  I worried about that all day.  Text was supposed to come yesterday.  I'm a worrier and I'm so glad and relieved  and don't have to think about it all weekend.

Respected Contributor

@gidgetgh @It's well worth the commute.   I live in Maryland and it's virtually impossible here to get it.  I just got my second shot today, but 'I had to drive all the way to Washington, DC for it.   That was about 85 miles one way for me.   It was well worth the trip.   They are way better organized than Maryland is for the vaccine.   

Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@gidgetgh wrote:

@suzyQ3 

I guess that's how people felt about the sugar cube for polio.

Honored Contributor

I just heard on the news that several of the sites here in L.A. County have stopped offering first doses, probably just temporary. One of the sites is at Magic Mountain, where we got of our first shot last weekend. 

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh where will you be going for #2 now?  They changed our location to a new church up in Canton.  

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Respected Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

I just heard on the news that several of the sites here in L.A. County have stopped offering first doses, probably just temporary. One of the sites is at Magic Mountain, where we got of our first shot last weekend. 

@suzyQ3, so very glad to read you had your first dose!  Woohoo!  

* Freedom has a taste the protected will never know *
Honored Contributor

@Suziepeach wrote:

@gidgetgh where will you be going for #2 now?  They changed our location to a new church up in Canton.  

@Suziepeach - still way out to Jim Miller Park. Cobb Health has suspended doing first shots out there so they can get the second shots finished.

I have read that so many more vaccination centers are going to be opening across the country (football stadiums, Pharmacies, etc) but there is an issue with vaccine shortage.  

A friend of mine told me they opened up a center over in Gwinnett and filled up 7,500 appts in just one night.  They appts are spread out over 1 week.  

Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

@Suziepeach wrote:

@Suziepeach - still way out to Jim Miller Park. Cobb Health has suspended doing first shots out there so they can get the second shots finished.

I have read that so many more vaccination centers are going to be opening across the country (football stadiums, Pharmacies, etc) but there is an issue with vaccine shortage.  

A friend of mine told me they opened up a center over in Gwinnett and filled up 7,500 appts in just one night.  They appts are spread out over 1 week.  

@gidgetgh at least you'll be at the same place- kudos for that, right..  even though it's a bit of a trek for ya, enjoy the ride, maybe get a little shopping out the way?  

Yeah there's a vaccine shortage but what makes me mad are people coming from out of state and getting shots, of which I won't go into detail but was told by someone included in that ten shot bottle that two people from NC came down for theirs(their son is an Atlanta Doctor)- so that knocked two people trying to make an appointment at a local pharmacy.  I'm sure lots of people are doing favors for others and those that need it, keep trying and trying.

As I mentioned they changed our next vaccination from our health department to a new church up in Canton, off Riverstone Pkwy.  I am guessing the health department wants more space for more people so this will work.

It's hard to believe we're all actually going through this!!  Stop the insanity, right?  Smiley Frustrated

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee