Honored Contributor

Re: 25th anniversary of the Nicole Brown Simpson and Ron Goldman murders.

@SydneyH wrote:

The prosecution's case was weak, that being said I still don't believe he was there by himself.  It is what it is and he can't be charged for this crime again and I'm ok with it since that's how our justice system operates.

The case was weak?  There was a mountain of evidence against OJ and the blood trail led from Nicole's right to his house!

Fuhrman's perjury derailed the case entirely.  Just because he lied doesn't mean OJ didn't commit the murders.   For what really happened to arrive at the verdict the jury arrived at, see the excellent documentary OJ - Made In America which won the Academy Award for Best Documentary Feature. 

Honored Contributor

@esmerelda wrote:

@blackhole99 wrote:

@brandiwine wrote:

I think it's time to let it go.  Enough already.  Unfortunately, way too many families have to deal with the murder of a loved one.  Each and every one of them are just as important as these 2, yet we have to have interviews and speculation even after 25 years.  Doesn't matter what your belief is, there was a trial and a verdict.  Live with it.  

The families will never let it go, OJ is walking around a free man. The least that can be done is not to let the public forget that. Anyone who followed that trial at that time in history know why the verdict was what it was.

@blackhole99  Take the crime and the trial and all the same players (including the jury) as they were and move them forward to today. Do you think anything would be different?

@esmerelda I would like to say yes, but I'm safe saying I don't know.

Regular Contributor

For what really happened to arrive at the verdict the jury arrived at, see the excellent documentary OJ - Made In America which won the Academy Award for Best Documentary Feature. 

"O.J.: Made in America" was an excellent documentary. A real eye-opener. 

May Nicole Brown and Ron Goldman rest in peace.

Occasional Contributor

The trial was a joke. Cameras should of not been allowed in the courtroom. The trial should of moved to a another county, far away from the limelight, perhaps Redwood City, where Scott Peterson was tried or Sonoma County. 

OJ did it. He had a motive he had a means. When he was found not guilty the look on Mr. Kardashians face said it all, he knew OJ killed Nicole Brown and Ron Goldman.

Some justice was served when he was in jail in Nevada and one of Nicoles children wont have anything to do with him.

He is a wife beater and a thug. I hope he is miserable.

formally hsawaknow member since 2011 and 4000 posts
Honored Contributor

There may have been boku blood evidence but this case was handled poorly.

There has also been doubt that OJ went to the crime scene AFTER the murders when told that a certain family member had been the true killer.

Whether OJ acted alone, acted as an accomplice, acted to protect somebody else doesn't matter.

Only people who are still trying to retroactively get him to be found guilty, a fruitless effort, are still going on about OJ.

It's the same with Jon Benet.

People are just darned certain they know what really happened and are trying to fit the crime to one person and only that person.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

There has also been doubt that OJ went to the crime scene AFTER the murders when told that a certain family member had been the true killer.

Whether OJ acted alone, acted as an accomplice, acted to protect somebody else doesn't matter.

Only people who are still trying to retroactively get him to be found guilty, a fruitless effort, are still going on about OJ.

People are just darned certain they know what really happened and are trying to fit the crime to one person and only that person.

@Cakers3   OJ was found culpable in a civil action - there was enough evidence (and a more diligent jury IMO) involved in that case.  So no, it's not like the Ramsey case.

And the word is beaucoup, a French word.

beau·coup
/ˌbōˈko͞o/

adjective
INFORMALUS

1. many or much.
    "beaucoup profits are at stake"
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

That trial in our history is, in my opinion, the point at which America finally jumped the shark and incrementally landed us exactly where  we are today. To quote Macbeth, "Nothing is but what is not." We watched it all devolve on our television screens, just as we are watching further devolution today.

Esteemed Contributor

@blackhole99 wrote:

@esmerelda wrote:

@blackhole99 wrote:

@brandiwine wrote:

I think it's time to let it go.  Enough already.  Unfortunately, way too many families have to deal with the murder of a loved one.  Each and every one of them are just as important as these 2, yet we have to have interviews and speculation even after 25 years.  Doesn't matter what your belief is, there was a trial and a verdict.  Live with it.  

The families will never let it go, OJ is walking around a free man. The least that can be done is not to let the public forget that. Anyone who followed that trial at that time in history know why the verdict was what it was.

@blackhole99  Take the crime and the trial and all the same players (including the jury) as they were and move them forward to today. Do you think anything would be different?

@esmerelda I would like to say yes, but I'm safe saying I don't know.

He would have been freed in record time if it were today, and he wouldn't have had to try a Bronco getaway. 

Esteemed Contributor

@RainCityWoman wrote:

That trial in our history is, in my opinion, the point at which America finally jumped the shark and incrementally landed us exactly where  we are today. To quote Macbeth, "Nothing is but what is not." We watched it all devolve on our television screens, just as we are watching further devolution today.

It started long before O.J.

It was always there, his trial just brought to the forefront.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Esteemed Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

This case was about celebrity and athlete worship. Nothing more. Had anyone but OJ been involved, that person would either be a lifer or dead.