Respected Contributor

i was at work, we worked in sales of electronics and  and my co-worker was desperately searching for any word on some of her clients who had offices in the federal building. her territory was OK, KS...after many phone calls and emails,  they were safe.

knew from the title of your post @Anonymous032819 .  and it is same date in 1993 as the last day of the Waco seige.

Trusted Contributor

@Anonymous032819 

Wow!  That's right.  I remember well.

Twenty-five years ago, and it has flown by.

I remember a colleague was originally

from OK, and she was so incredibly sad.

Our country has gone through a lot.

My fear now is a civil war;  we are so divided.

Honored Contributor

@ahoymate wrote:

People! who knew? Of course I remember Timothy McVeigh & the Oklahoma bombing. Chill people! Don't be so quick to spring on others. 

The post lacked detail. Enjoy your shutin!

Oh come on, your comment was provocative and unless one misses one's guess, was almost intended to be... While the original post did lack detail, maybe just simply asking the significance rather than suggesting the date is meaningless might have netted fewer irate responses... Just an idea...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

All the families of the little victims, will never forget that day.

One might imagine families of any of the victims, regardless of age, will never forget that day or their ordeal.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

I don't have to reach back a quarter-century to recall the acts of a homegrown terrorist.

I think of the innocent lives being lost every day to this scourge we are living through right now--nearly 40,000 in this country alone at this moment, over 160,000 globally.

I have no appetite for more tragedy. This is enough.

Respected Contributor

@camelot wrote:

If you "posters" are so sharp why don't you go on Jeopardy?  Unless you live in Oklahoma who would remember 4/19 and the Alfred  P. Murrah building off the top of their head?

I lived in PA and I certainly knew about The Oklahoma bombing.  I was all over the news for weeks.

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Esteemed Contributor

Thank you for the reminder - what a sad day it was. As soon as you said the Alfred P Murrah building and domestic terrorism, I knew what you were talking about. To be fair - let's help educate the younger folks about the bombing in Oklahoma City in 1995 by 2 domestic terrorists who killed so many people including babies and toddlers in a daycare center. It was a horrible day. That bombing is something that we should never forget. I think Timothy McVeigh was executed some years ago, and for those of you who don't know about this terrible day, please look it up.

Honored Contributor

My family was on vacation in Myrtle Beach, SC and turned on the TV to a special bulletin of this horrifying news.    

We were also on vacation in Myrtle Beach during the Virginia Tech campus shootings on 4-16-2007.   

Contributor

@camelot wrote:

If you "posters" are so sharp why don't you go on Jeopardy?  Unless you live in Oklahoma who would remember 4/19 and the Alfred  P. Murrah building off the top of their head?

I'd win a ton of money because I knew immediately from the name of the building and back then who had computers and doubtful there was the proliferation of internet news like today.. 

Point is I live many hundreds of miles away from OK and I remember that horrible day in history as well as exactly what I was doing.  

Trusted Contributor

I'll never forget that day, I couldn't believe what I was seeing on TV. Especially thinking about the little children, in a daycare there, I believe. So sad, we will never forget.