Honored Contributor

@ahoymate wrote:

FYI: This is meaningless to most. What is this about & where did it occur; state, country etc?

@ahoymate   Obviously not meaningless to OP.

Honored Contributor

Sorry, I was in my 40s at that time but did not remember what the OP was referring to either.  So much has happened since then, hard to keep track.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: 25 Years Ago Tomorrow

[ Edited ]

@patbz wrote:

@ahoymate :  You are so wrong, the Oklahoma bombing was and is a very big deal!  How old are you that you are not aware of this event?  This tragedy is right up there with Challenger disaster and 911 and unless you were under the age of ten when it happened, no excuses.

Geez, go easy on the poster.  I remember the event.  But I did not remember the exact date or the name of the building.  I was clueless too until Oklahoma was mentioned in a subsequent post.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Respected Contributor

I certainly remember. It was horrible and it was an act of domestic terrorism. 

Esteemed Contributor

The siege at Waco two years earlier. Seventy five people...including 25 children...were killed there. 

Keepin' it real.
Super Contributor

Re: 25 Years Ago Tomorrowd

[ Edited ]

If you "posters" are so sharp why don't you go on Jeopardy?  Unless you live in Oklahoma who would remember 4/19 and the Alfred  P. Murrah building off the top of their head?

Trusted Contributor

If the OP had said the date, Timothy McVeigh and Oklahoma  most us would have known immediately what she was referring to. The Alfred P. Murrah building did not mean anything to me when I read her post. Between 1995 and now a lot has happened. We cannot be expected to remember every little detail of each incident. 

Trusted Contributor

@Anonymous032819  Don't be put off if others don't recall the incident.  Tomorrow, all day long depending on when and if you tune in, your choice of news feeds will be making mention of it.

Most of the population are just lemmings - sad to say but true.

Trusted Contributor

@fitfuninformed  ..... It will be interesting to see how much coverage this incident actually receives with all the news relating to the virus and stimulus.

@Anonymous032819  ...... Do you live in Oklahoma?

Respected Contributor

OP, I needed no more information than what you gave to know exactly you were talking about. It was a terrible disaster thanks for reminding us to remember.