Trusted Contributor

24 hours in Miami - what would you do?

My sister and I will have approx 24 hours in Miami in December. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what we can do?  We will most likely rent a car.

Super Contributor

Re: 24 hours in Miami - what would you do?

There's always South Beach or Lincoln Road.  Both fun places to go. 

Trusted Contributor

Thanks. I was thinking about South Beach and Little Havana. I'll have to look up Lincoln Road, I have not heard of it. I have never been to Miami.

Respected Contributor

I'd find a beautiful beach, lie in the sun, read a good book....then shower and change and go out for a nice dinner.

It doesn't take much to excite me.

"People with closed hearts will always feel as though they are at war with the world." ~My friend Nancy
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have 3 suggestions for you.  

1.  Vizcaya palace and garden.  This is a beautiful home and garden tour.  Magnificent!

2.  Jungle Island.  This is a garden and animal park overlooking Biscayne Bay.  It is a beautiful tropical park. It is well worth going.

3.  20 miles north in Ft. Lauderdale is an excellent boat ride.  The evening cruise docks at a spot, where dinner is served, then the cruise takes you past the mansions on the intercoastal.  They will be decorated for Christmas when you are there.  I have been on this ride about 10 times and never tire of it.

All of these have a website, which will give you more information.

Respected Contributor

I live near Miami but restaurants and entertainment venues seem to come and go quite quickly there. The Miami Book Fair is a major event around December--I checked but couldn't find a precise date quickly on Google. 

When I'm going someplace unfamiliar with a little time to explore, I rely on the Trip Advisor website, which lists and ranks top local attractions, restaurants and hotels.  It's very helpful, esp. with current top restauramts.

Honored Contributor

@debcakes wrote:

Thanks. I was thinking about South Beach and Little Havana. I'll have to look up Lincoln Road, I have not heard of it. I have never been to Miami.

:manhappy:

Honored Contributor

@gmkb wrote:

I have 3 suggestions for you.  

1.  Vizcaya palace and garden.  This is a beautiful home and garden tour.  Magnificent!

2.  Jungle Island.  This is a garden and animal park overlooking Biscayne Bay.  It is a beautiful tropical park. It is well worth going.

3.  20 miles north in Ft. Lauderdale is an excellent boat ride.  The evening cruise docks at a spot, where dinner is served, then the cruise takes you past the mansions on the intercoastal.  They will be decorated for Christmas when you are there.  I have been on this ride about 10 times and never tire of it.

All of these have a website, which will give you more information.

:cathappy:

Honored Contributor

I'd do a search to find a restaurant for breakfast/lunch/dinner on the top of a tall building so I can see a great view of the beach/strip/city!!!

Honored Contributor

Definitely visit South Beach, and also there are lots of restaurants and shopping there as well as Lincoln Road,........