Honored Contributor

Not interested in gold jewelry at the current prices, but if you like gold I guess you will buy it. When you think of it, the basic gold standard in Italy 18kt. why would you even consider buying 14kt, I see 10 kt is being sold too. JB is on and I have to turn the channel or mute because she is over bearing with her sales pitch.

Respected Contributor

Gold jewelry show=BORING! Don't even want to watch when Antonella is on, and I love her!

Trusted Contributor

@songbird i care about design. i don’t care what metal it is. i like all kinds. the look is my priority. if i bought jewelry to invest in, that’s the time design won’t matter. i have enough of those pieces. 

Honored Contributor

I could care less what the gold standard is in Italy.  I'm in the USA!

I have 18 kt, but prefer 14k.

Have bought two of the most beautiful and substantial pieces (34 gr bangle) ever within the past two years.

Don't really watch the shows, but have been looking all along on line for the past day or so.

Nothing is *haunting* me at this point, but if anything does....click....purchase....pay.

I'll never tire of gold jewelry, there's enough days in the weeks, months, years to wear it all.

Respected Contributor

not every skin tone looks good with 18k. i prefer the look of 14k frankly.  it interests me little what the standard is elsewhere.  i want to enjoy my jewelry and so i want it to be attractive on me.

Honored Contributor

I have a hand full of pieces of solid gold jewelry, and most I've had for decades, very timeless pieces. 

I don't live a lifestyle that necessitates any more than what I have, so I don't watch. 

If I were to invest my time and money into any jewelry again, it would be gold, and I still love to look at gold jewelry. I think it is the most timeless and richest of all the metals.

Respected Contributor

@ms traditional @Lucky Charm, I agree...14k is enough gold content for me. If I’m going to spend more for a piece, it’s going to be for a certain gemstone.  I’d rather spend on a better stone than a higher grade of gold.

Nothing against anyone who feels differently.  To each her own.  😊