Esteemed Contributor

Too much for me....guess I'll be watching more of the Weather Channel today!!

Respected Contributor

I agree, @nana59    

We no longer get a full day of silver, but they continue to show gold.   UGHHH

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Trusted Contributor

Not for me either. None of my friends even wear gold jewelry anymore unless a wedding ring or expensive watch.   Haven’t turned on Q today. 

Honored Contributor

I have no desire to spend my money on the gold jewelry that QVC carries these days.  I have some gold from years gone by.  Nothing like it any more, sadly.  I've become a silver convert....readily.

Trusted Contributor

their CA gold rush shows get more corny every year. thank goodness Q2 has fashion on now. i was afraid it would get preempted. does imperial gold seriously have only 1 design in their entire line? 

Honored Contributor

My late husband bought me some amazing jewelry.  Most of it I've given to my daughters.

At this stage of my life (71) I'm not about to spend a lot of money buying jewelry that wouldn't have any sentimental value to my daughters.  

They'd just have to (probably) sell it or give it to their daughters...whatever.

Anyway, I love wearing jewelry and still have a lot of it.  Some of it is fake but the 'colored' stones are all real.  I have very few diamonds (don't like them).

As it is now, when I leave the house I joke to my friend I must look like Mr. T in his prime (so much jewelry).

I don't mind it when they have these shows because I save money because I'm not the least bit tempted to buy anything.

I also think it's nice for those who want to buy it to be able to see it.  However, my guess is a good amount of QVC's audience are (for the most part) not interested in maybe buying more than one or two pieces of gold jewelry.  

Perhaps I'm wrong.

Respected Contributor

Twenty years ago I would have loved 24 hours of gold.  I think I bought something almost every week from Mary Beth on Wednesday night Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

wrote:

their CA gold rush shows get more corny every year. thank goodness Q2 has fashion on now. i was afraid it would get preempted. does imperial gold seriously have only 1 design in their entire line? 

Imperial gold IS very limited in design.  But viewers love them because they offer little solid gold bars linked. Who cares about the design? The normal QVC offer is hollow.  So the viewers buy.

Respected Contributor

many wanted a return to a full day of gold-and better selection-and more different and higher-end designs.   it seems to me that QVC has delivered.  i have seen many new and interesting designs which i appreciate and admire - even if not in my budget - and think there is something in every price range.  sometimes windowshopping is as much fun as purchasing.enjoy!

Honored Contributor

I think it's great to see something beautiful and very different on air.  Not everything will be for everyone.