Respected Contributor

22 TSV's today. stop the madness

really? 22 of them? are any of them really that special? talk about overkill. they keep ramping up the pace for the grand finale of shopping i guess. 

Honored Contributor

Re: 22 TSV's today. stop the madness

@kittyloo wrote:

really? 22 of them? are any of them really that special? talk about overkill. they keep ramping up the pace for the grand finale of shopping i guess. 

@kittyloo......Think I have to agree with you on this one.  Have not seen much that I would like to gift to anyone this year....  Only 2 items that I purchased.....practical presents.  But can't remember when I've seen so much junk being sold.  They have over done it this year.  And believe they are hurting themselves.  

Miss the old days before Christmas on the Q.  

Respected Contributor

I have to agree. I would rather see one product that is really marked down at least 30%...and don't try to convince me that a 100% polyester sweater is worth $140 originally. We are well-educated consumers.

A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal. ~~ Steve Maraboli
Honored Contributor

They need to change the name because it's not just today, it's not special and it's not a value.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

It's not 22 tsv's for just today- for most of this holiday season they've had tsv's that passed listed after  the day they were initally offered. Also some pre sales of tsv's. I guess tptb over stocked items- or  we just under bought them!! It takes away from it being a 'today's special value' imo.

Honored Contributor

Just another week and it will stop or at least slow down. 

Then we have to look forward to excerise and diet stuff to get rid of all the weight we gained eating holiday treats they just sold us and showed us how to bake.

Nothing on here will be normal until spring.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Esteemed Contributor

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

Just another week and it will stop or at least slow down. 

Then we have to look forward to excerise and diet stuff to get rid of all the weight we gained eating holiday treats they just sold us and showed us how to bake.

Nothing on here will be normal until spring.

Yeah and come spring we can look forward to "Christmas in July".  The madness never ends LOL.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Esteemed Contributor

Too many "hard sell" tactics!  And, if the item is really a TSV, how does the price remain low?  I agree with others, very few items have been special and even fewer are great values. So many products repeatedly on, eg:  pillows, beds, bedding, electronics, beauty items, etc. Waiting until the last week to have jewelry shows is ridiculous.  Unless, there won't be any "wow" items.  I miss the old days.

Highlighted
Super Contributor

I agree.  Too many TSVs.  Too many early TSVs.  Too many TSVs that just won't go away!

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I do not like how they did it this year. I feel like I have been watching the same products over and over and over for 3 months now.

None of them can beat the prices in the stores. I think they are trying to pull in the "convenience" factor for people, figuring if anyone was thinking about the abundance of items they have been showing non-stop, the ones who are buying are paying the higher price for the ease of not having to search online for a better price, or having to drive to the mall because no one has an extra time in their lives anymore.

Christmas has lost its whole meaning in my opinion. I am so tired of a mailbox full of flyers I toss them in my trash bin on the way back into my house. I barely watch QVC/HSN anymore because it is all the same stuff and way too expensive. If I do see something, it is because I browsed around online.

And can we talk about the front page of the website? It is a mess of STUFF.... I can't even find the "recently aired items" anymore. They make you scroll through all the graphics of the 30 or 40 items they picked out for Christmas gifting. Someone needs to redo the homepage.