Honored Contributor

Re: 2022 holiday postage stamps

@amyb wrote:

I actually like the elves...they look like they're from vintage Rudolph cartoon...I like the whimsical, retro look to them.

I love the flowers best.

I notice all the "Forevers" are crossed out...are stamps no longer "Forever?"

@amyb - they cross out the word forever in pictures so that they can't be counterfeited. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

will be purchasing all of them.

the ELVES are my favorites! too cute! i am still using holiday stamps on my bills. lol

thanks for sharing the new holiday stamps @gidgetgh ! Smiley Happy

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

@gidgetgh Oh ok, understood. Thanks for explaining that! I have so many "Forevers" stored up lately, just glad to hear they're not obsolete! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

The elves are the only ones I really like.  I don't care for the Snowy Beauty stamps.  They look like spring flowers, with snow on them.  LOL  

Honored Contributor

There's a good chance that the pstage rates will be going up in July.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@amyb wrote:

I actually like the elves...they look like they're from vintage Rudolph cartoon...I like the whimsical, retro look to them.

I love the flowers best.

I notice all the "Forevers" are crossed out...are stamps no longer "Forever?"

@amyb   The stamps are still "Forever".  The line is to prevent duplication, from what I understand.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

We very seldom use stamps now but the flower ones are lovely.

I do not care for the elves either but at least it isn't the gad-awful Elf on the Shelf.  LOL

Honored Contributor

@amyb   Here is the official explanation I found-it is worded better than my post.  LOL

"When you actually buy the stamp, you’ll find the word ‘Forever’, or any of the other purpose words such as ‘Postcard’ will not be crossed out. For viewing purposes, you can see what the stamp looks like in the preview online, without giving digital thieves the ability to simply copy the image and print their own counterfeit stamps illegally, and possibly even sell them to you!"

Respected Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

Here. This is much better!  I will be using these for my holiday stamps, if anyone cares, LOL. 

2B819D51-BA44-4B8E-AE5D-A50BFB794EFD.jpeg

@gidgetgh Yes, I like these also.  Thank You for posting these! @gidgetgh 

Esteemed Contributor

@gidgetgh  Thanks for posting! I usually buy the Madonna and Child, but those snowy flowers are beautiful!  Right now, however, I'm not really happy with my winter aconites (upper right in the picture). They have taken over so many of my other perennials I have to dig everything out and start over. UGH!