Esteemed Contributor

Re: 2021 Summer weather forecast Farmers Almanac

Isn't this normal for summer? Hot. What am I missing?

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Honored Contributor

@Nancy Drew   yes, it’s normal to be hot and dry or hot and humid depending upon where you are, but some areas are even hotter and dryer than normal.  

I used to think a couple of degrees didn’t make all that much difference, but those degrees add up, and in some areas the differences are more than a few.  My part of Florida has been as much as 10 degrees warmer than usual on some winter days - hopefully that won’t be true when real summer shows up.  The temperature is close to tolerable because the humidity has not set in yet.

Trusted Contributor

I used to love summer.  It was a time of fun, outdoor activities and gatherings.  Now summer is one long, miserable, sweaty root canal. Smiley Sad  Heat and humidity cause my RA to flare and gardening is no longer enjoyable.  I can't even go for a walk on the bad days.  Heat waves used to last a couple days, now they last for weeks.

Oh well.  Sorry for ranting.

Honored Contributor

@PilatesLover wrote:

I used to love summer.  It was a time of fun, outdoor activities and gatherings.  Now summer is one long, miserable, sweaty root canal. Smiley Sad  Heat and humidity cause my RA to flare and gardening is no longer enjoyable.  I can't even go for a walk on the bad days.  Heat waves used to last a couple days, now they last for weeks.

Oh well.  Sorry for ranting.

@PilatesLover   That about sums it up.

Sorry about your RA.  Woman Sad

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

@Nancy Drew wrote:

Isn't this normal for summer? Hot. What am I missing?

@Nancy Drew 

Even here in Texas there can be differences in summer weather---it can be hot and dry---there could also be drought conditions, which is whats going on now......OR.....hot and humid and "normal" rainfall...... Tropical storms in the Gulf could also impact our weather as well....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I bought a Farmers Almanac last year and it was totally WRONG.....  I was just telling some friends, with our unusually cold "winter" and artic storm, what the old saying is "cold winter, exceptionally hot summer"..(balance each other out)..🥵🌡️ I dont need an Almanac....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

With all the advanced technology weather forecasters use, they still depend on the Farmer's Almanac? 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

I will take warm and dry.  Just don't want humidity!

Honored Contributor

Works for me. I like rain and thunder in the summer. Cools things off.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@teganslaw wrote:

With all the advanced technology weather forecasters use, they still depend on the Farmer's Almanac? 

@teganslaw 

Hi TEGANSLAW, I dont know about your area, but people probably still use a Farmer's Almanac because most of the times even with all this technology that the local meteorologist use their weather forecasts are WRONG!!! They consult the U.S. data and there's even a European computer model they consult (what the heck does Europe know about South Texas weather?!?!?!?!)  

There was one guy whose forecast was always different from the rest of the TV stations and curious I asked him "why?" on Facebook and he replied that he doesn't use the computers he plotted his own forecasts manually and they turned out to be the most accurate!!!!  Sadly, he retired.....but sometimes he does give weather tips and analysis on his personal Facebook Page...The current local TV weather people here are more focused on being a "celebrity" than they are giving accurate weather forecasts....Woman Frustrated