Honored Contributor

Re: 2020 holiday stamps

[ Edited ]

@insomniac2 wrote:

SurferWife, I've been buying Christmas stamps for about 55 years.

How often has the typical nativity scene been featured? 

Mary and her Child are featured regularly. (I also love the three wise men stamp from a few years ago.)

Yes, @insomniac2.😊  There are 3 lovely Mother and Child stamps available this year, from what I can see.   I remember the beautiful one with the Wise Men, too.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Esteemed Contributor

I like the woodland stamps a lot.  I'll be getting those.

Esteemed Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

I never buy holiday stamps. I feel dumb if I have leftover stamps using them into February or beyond.

@Jordan2   I don't purchase them either but I wouldn't feel any type of way about using them after Christmas.  Personally, I don't even notice the stamp when I receive a Christmas card or any other type of mail.  When I send out Christmas cards, I slap on whatever I have from the last time I purchased stamps.....flags, LOVE stamps, flowers/nature, etc.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Esteemed Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

I never buy holiday stamps. I feel dumb if I have leftover stamps using them into February or beyond.

@Jordan2  I understand but when I have leftover holiday stamps past January, I just save them for next years cards and put them in the back of my regular, all year

stamps. They are the forever so that is the way I will use them. No biggieSmiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I'm currently finishing up the Santa stamps from 2 years ago.  It's a stamp. Doesn't bother me in the least. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gidgetgh 

I'm so glad I saw your post.

Just ordered the beautiful fruits and vegetable stamps today and held off ordering Christmas stamps as they just had the same ones from last year.

This new batch is so lovely, I cannot wait to order them.

Trusted Contributor

I'm kinda loving these. Smiley Happy

"Coming to ya from Florida"
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gidgetgh 

Thank you so much for posting this information--I love BOTH the woodland and the red, green and white set... ....I will definitely be checking out the USPS site in September to see when I can start ordering them online..

Funny you should post this because I was checking my fav sites for Christmas cards, I like to order mine early to get the best selection. (I still love to send Christmas cards and mail about 25).....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

If you order anything like stamps using the USPS or from them, expect a 3 to 4 week delay. If you currently receive medication through the mail, switch to get it from a local pharmacy. And any checks you recieve or bills you pay through the mail, switch to electronic payments. This is very important for the next several months. Expect massive slowdowns and delays and find alterate means. FedEx and UPS are expected to be stressed as well.

This also applies to QVC orders that are transferred to the Post Office for final delivery. The USPS is in crisis at the moment and not everyone even knows it is going on until they don't receive something they were expecting in the mail.

Right now I'm not noticing extensive delay in my delivery. But the mail trucks are sure zooming around extremely fast lately and my post lady does not have her usual smile. I don't want to interrupt her work to ask if things are bad at her location.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Respected Contributor

Hopefully we'll still have a USPS to use those stamps. Make sure you mail your Holiday cards sometime in October if you want them delivered by Christmas.

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown