Respected Contributor

Re: 2020 Rock 'N Roll Hall of Fame Nominees

@NickNack, I tried voting again. Made my selections and when I hit the vote "button" it took me over to where I had to log in like I've done before and I put in my regualr email address and it wouldn't accept it which it always had before and said I needed to create a google account. This was off the email sent to me by the R&R Hall of Fame. I also tried from other places with the same results. Thanks.

Honored Contributor

@catter70 wrote:

@NickNack, I tried voting again. Made my selections and when I hit the vote "button" it took me over to where I had to log in like I've done before and I put in my regualr email address and it wouldn't accept it which it always had before and said I needed to create a google account. This was off the email sent to me by the R&R Hall of Fame. I also tried from other places with the same results. Thanks.

@catter70   That's very strange.  I wonder if we were voting from different places.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

Among others who are deserving of selection, were I voting, Rundgren would be near the top of my list. He not only was a talented artist: singer, musician, songwriter but also produced many other artists and was innovative in a number of ways. 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Frequent Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

Among others who are deserving of selection, were I voting, Rundgren would be near the top of my list. He not only was a talented artist: singer, musician, songwriter but also produced many other artists and was innovative in a number of ways. 

Rundgren is the only one I'd vote for. 

Honored Contributor

The Doobie Bros. aren't it?  I think the Hall has about outlived its purpose.  I mean really, when was the last year there was a real rock band?  (The Stones are still rolling, but they have been in a long time).

We're down to pop music now for the most part.  Some good music, but rock?  Nah!  Not even close. 

Respected Contributor

https://youtu.be/dfDoUIh23Wg

I hope this YouTube link works...I've never tried to post a link.    It's a live performance by the MC5 in 1970 of their song "Looking At You". To me, THAT is rock and roll!

Esteemed Contributor

@nana59 wrote:

@kaydee50 wrote:

I can honestly say that except for the Doobie Brothers I would not know any of the songs the others have done.  Have only even heard of 2 or 3 of them.  I guess I'm old--69!!!

same here.....and i'm also 69!!

@nana59 

@Kaydee50

The only names I am familiar with are Pat Benatar and the Doobie Brothers...who are those other people?  Smiley LOL

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Respected Contributor

@NickNack, I finally got it. Even though they sent the email to me which isn't gmail, I had to go to MSN to vote that way. That never happened before. I used to just vote then it would make me put in my email address then prove I wasn't a robot. I didn't have to do that this time. I just hit vote and done. Thanks for helping to wake up my brain.

Trusted Contributor

Thanks!  I'll be voting for Judas Priest every day.

Honored Contributor

@alicedee wrote:

https://youtu.be/dfDoUIh23Wg

@alicedee To me it's head banger.  Rolling Stones to me is rock. You are a lot younger than me I'll bet.