Esteemed Contributor

Re: 2019 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Nominees

@hckynut wrote:

Out of all those names, the only name I have spent time, and will continue to spend time listening to, is Stevie Nicks. I haven't even heard of several of the names on the list.

Even though I like listening to many different genres of music, most of those listed are ones where IIwill  choose silence over noise. Surely there are better performers that could be named.

I'll pass!

hckynut(john)

I'm with you John, I would vote for Stevie Nicks, the rest, other than Janet Jackson are not on my list.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Esteemed Contributor

@Pearlee

I agree about the Zombies -- but then the Moody Blues stand alone in my mind Cat Happy

However, I saw the Zombies last year and they were absolutely fab. 

Lots of energy and wonderful voices.  Colin Blunstone (many of the lead vocals) is charming and sweet onstage -- very humble -- and his voice still great!

Respected Contributor

Stevie!!

Honored Contributor

@Witchy Woman wrote:

@Pearlee

I agree about the Zombies -- but then the Moody Blues stand alone in my mind Cat Happy

However, I saw the Zombies last year and they were absolutely fab. 

Lots of energy and wonderful voices.  Colin Blunstone (many of the lead vocals) is charming and sweet onstage -- very humble -- and his voice still great!

@Witchy Woman  I have a CD of their greatest hits and it's absolutely great!  I liked them back when their songs were on the radio and I still like them to this day and listen to that CD often.

To everyone:  I haven't yet voted but if it's like last year, you are entitled to multiple votes (forgot now how many).  I should go over to the site and at least vote for the Zombies.

I'm not sure why Stevie Nicks should be inducted as a solo artist.   Can anyone justify that?  I like Jefferson Airplane/Starship but why her as a solo artist?

Respected Contributor

I think Stevie selling 30 million solo albums worldwide is a good reason.

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee  I'm kind of with you on that one.  I love Stevie's early solo stuff but I really think her noteriety and influence started with the band which has already been honored. 

To me, someone like a Lionel Richie or Diana Ross or MIchael Jackson of course deserve it both ways.   Truly don't care either way but if she's keeping a place from someone like a Janet or Chaka, step aside please.   

Honored Contributor

I give Honorable Mention to The Cure.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

How can stevie nicks and Devo not be already Inducted in the Hall of Fame????

Honored Contributor

Only LL Cool J's lips needs to be inducted.  Especially when he licks them...

doin-it.gifVibrantOfficialAldabratortoise-size_restricted.gif

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

I vote for:

Janet Jackson

Stevie Nicks

Chaka Khan