Honored Contributor

Re: 2018 wall calendars

[ Edited ]

@gidgetgh  What a great idea for a thread! Smiley Happy

I have a special wall calendar.  I went to one of the Country Living Fairs held in various cities around the country each year and Will Moses (great grandson of Grandma Moses) was there with his wonderful artwork. It's a Folk Art calendar.  His style is very similar (almost identical!) to Grandma Moses' style and I really wanted to buy a couple of his original works but couldn't afford them.  He was also selling prints and  note cards and calendars so I purchased a calendar and he personalized it with an autograph to me on the cover.   I also bought one for a friend who makes tote bags out of Grandma Moses fabric (her art on fabric) and he wrote her a very special personalized message on the one he autographed for her.   She loves it; it was a very special gift she said.

So every time I look at the calendar I will think of the very fun day I spent at the Country Living Fair (best arts and crafts shows I've ever been to, and I've been to a lot of them!) and also my dear friend who makes the totes.

By the way, his original piece of artwork that I really wanted was around $10,000. 

0000604_2018-will-moses-calendar_500.jpeg

Respected Contributor

I always bought a calendar while on vacation but the last few years we've received so many from various charities. The two that I am using for generally family use is one from Wounded Warriors and one from a religious organization.

Honored Contributor

It’s funny. We faithfully hang a calendar in the kitchen every year, without fail. But....I never write on it. I might glance at it to check the date, but I use my iPhone calendar for everything. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

It’s funny. We faithfully hang a calendar in the kitchen every year, without fail. But....I never write on it. I might glance at it to check the date, but I use my iPhone calendar for everything. 

@gidgetgh  Mine hangs in my kitchen also and I never write in it.  I have a hard copy appointment book that I use to write things in.   Same as you, I look at the calendar, though, when I need to see a date for some reason or other.

I should add to my earlier post that for years I bought a dog breed calendar published by a rescue group of the breed of dog I owned. It was published as a fundraiser and I loved the breed photos in it (nonprofessional, from owners of the dogs).  However, for some reason the rescue group stopped publishing it - I'd bought it for close to 20 years - so I was happy to find this Moses calendar as a replacement, although the dog breed one was much closer to my heart.

Respected Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

Hi @gidgetgh

Our kitchen calendar is our appointments' keeper.  Neither of us use our phone calendar.  I seriously doubt my husband  knows there is a calendar on his phone.

Honored Contributor

gidgetgh wrote:

Same here!  I actually use a mini wall calendar in my kitchen that hangs on the end of one of the cabinets, where there was a tiny hook that has been there since before we bought the house.

I never write anything on it.  I look at it frequently, probably mainly because I have a lot of trouble remembering what day it is now, so it's very handy!  Mostly, I love the pics.  I have baby animals in the kitchen this year.  Can't beat that for cute!  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

African Wildlife calendar from Avonside

Esteemed Contributor

I have to have my cat callendar. This one is a head shot only and she is on her side looking right at me. So cute.

Happy New Year.

Honored Contributor

Re: 2018 wall calendars

[ Edited ]

This mini wall calendar on the front of my fridge, anchored by magnets...

I like that nature is included in most of the pics - and that I'll have a cutegasm each time I see it.  8)

Image result for kittens 2018 mini wall calendar

Kittens 2018 Mini Wall Calendar

Trusted Contributor

Fairy Houses

Porches