Honored Contributor

Re: 2018 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Nominees

Moody Blues!!! 💙

Remember vote daily. 

Honored Contributor

According to the current standings (when you vote, look at the bottom of the page when your vote is confirmed as to who you voted for, and you can see current standings)  Jon Bon Jovi is in the lead with the Moody Blues in second place.  I'm thinking the ratings will end up with those two in that order.

Honored Contributor

JBJ has a larger lead today over the Moodies than yesterday, but their place rankings in the voting are still the same (I just voted).

Esteemed Contributor

@Pearlee

I have been watching the video in bits and pieces and it is more delightful than I could have imagined.

I'm more in love with him now.

He seems so sweet and kind.  Forgot the song "Forever Autumn."  Sigh

Seems he's had a wonderful life -- lovely daughter and wife.

The scenes of him singing when he was young make my heart race.  He was just so beautiful.

I will watch it several times!

Respected Contributor

I do have a soft spot for the MC5.....check out Looking At You on Youtube....those guys rocked!!!!!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Witchy Woman  What a lovely post - thank you. I'm really happy you are enjoying it.

That show was done quite a few years ago, so he's aged since then.  I mentioned having seen his solo show where I met him afterwards at the stage door - he sang Forever Autumn during that show - very beautiful song.

I did think after watching that This Is Your Life show that he seems like a gentle soul.

I remember when I first watched it and his wife Marie came out and he kissed her on the top of her head or forehead or something.  She's so much shorter than he is - I thought it was a very sweet kiss.  I also remember being sooooo jealous!   LOL

I hope you are still voting every day.  I am!  And...I'm now voting only for the Moodies, so I don't bolster the vote count of anyone else.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Witchy Woman  Meant to say, I think Doremi looks just like Justin.

I went and found the This Is Your Life on Youtube (yikes it aired 20 yrs ago!) and also watch a "Fathers Day" video of Justin and Doremi that I saw in the Youtube margins.  Lookalikes for sure. I also watched a video of them in California from Entertainment Tonight.  They have the  same face!

Trusted Contributor

Moody Blues! 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Pearlee

Yes, last night I was calcuating the 1997 video and realized just how LONG ago it was.  Yikes indeed! Cat LOL

Doremi is a lovely young woman, and does resemble Justin.  I think it was 2 years ago that I saw him, and, honestly, he looked about the same as he did in that 1997 video.  He has aged well, but lost that soft, angelic look of his youth.

He was at Ramshead in February of this year, but I missed it for some reason.  That won't happen again!  I remember that they said his birthday was October 14, 1946, so I'm not sure how much longer he will tour.

I loved seeing his "mum" in the 1997 video.  They mentioned he lost a brother, but his sister was there.  I remember the US version of "This is Your Life."  Even though it seemed a bit awkward, it is a fun way to find out about the personal side of someone famous. 

Today, everything is already "out there" so I'm not sure such a show would succeed Cat LOL

They are still second in voting, so, I feel hopeful this will be the year they are selected.  Not sure it means all that much, but they deserve it.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

i was a little disappointed, but here are the new members to be inducted......2018.

Bon Jovi

The Moody Blues

Nina Simone

The Cars

Dire Straits

Sister Rosetta Tharpe (award for early influence)

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein