Respected Contributor

Re: 2 year old left home alone while parents play Pokemon Go!

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

@bri20 wrote:

Are people still playing that silly game anyway?

Yes, so you can continue to point out that you are superior to them by not playing and letting everyone know you think it's silly. Carry on!

Well, I feel superior to anyone playing this game.  And, I feel superior to people who do a lot of other idiot things.  Is there a problem with that?  So many people choose to be distracted from life these days.  It's actually very sad, and people like this in the news story need to be called out.

Esteemed Contributor

Adults with a immature mindset should not have children.Woman Mad

Esteemed Contributor

@MomCat wrote:

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

@bri20 wrote:

Are people still playing that silly game anyway?

Yes, so you can continue to point out that you are superior to them by not playing and letting everyone know you think it's silly. Carry on!

Well, I feel superior to anyone playing this game.  And, I feel superior to people who do a lot of other idiot things.  Is there a problem with that?  So many people choose to be distracted from life these days.  It's actually very sad, and people like this in the news story need to be called out.

I am sure there are many who would say the same thing about people who read and post on a shopping channel web site.  Exactly why do you "feel superior"?

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Respected Contributor

Really? Seriously if these nitwits left the child for this imagine what they have been doing undetected. So I would not be so quick to fault the game but the nimrods playing it. And be glad that finally someone is looking into their lack of parenting skills and judgment.

Esteemed Contributor

I agree with those who say these two would be leaving their kid for something else if not Pokemon.

For those who feel superior to me because I play this "silly" game:

I've lost eight pounds in the past five days without changing my eating habits. 😊😊😊

My husband and son walk with me and play the game too.  Great family bonding time with our son before he returns to college in a few weeks!  When we walk, the volume is turned down so that the phones vibrate when Pokemon appear.  We are not in any danger, we are not distracted, nor do we endanger others when walking on the trails in our public parks.  Just a small family enjoying each other's company.  I've actually spent more time observing the landscaping and looking at my family than I've spent looking at my phone.  

We're also participating in our public library's summer reading program, so it's not like we're wasting away obsessed with the game.  Pokemon Go is a game of strategy, one that invites collaboration with others, and I think it's good to see mainstream America getting off the couch.  We've met so many locals at the parks, parents with young kids, and our consensus is that it's just nice to be spending time together with families.  

As as with so many other things in life, it's a shame that some ridiculous people end up creating stereotypes to give the rest of us a bad rep.  I hope you decide to join us so we  can add to the numbers of those who play responsibly. ☺️

Respected Contributor

People posting on a shopping channel forum day in and day out feel superior to those who choose to play a fun and interactive game? Hilarious.

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. ~ Desmond Tutu
Respected Contributor

@wildcat fan wrote:

I agree with those who say these two would be leaving their kid for something else if not Pokemon.

For those who feel superior to me because I play this "silly" game:

I've lost eight pounds in the past five days without changing my eating habits. 😊😊😊

My husband and son walk with me and play the game too.  Great family bonding time with our son before he returns to college in a few weeks!  When we walk, the volume is turned down so that the phones vibrate when Pokemon appear.  We are not in any danger, we are not distracted, nor do we endanger others when walking on the trails in our public parks.  Just a small family enjoying each other's company.  I've actually spent more time observing the landscaping and looking at my family than I've spent looking at my phone.  

We're also participating in our public library's summer reading program, so it's not like we're wasting away obsessed with the game.  Pokemon Go is a game of strategy, one that invites collaboration with others, and I think it's good to see mainstream America getting off the couch.  We've met so many locals at the parks, parents with young kids, and our consensus is that it's just nice to be spending time together with families.  

As as with so many other things in life, it's a shame that some ridiculous people end up creating stereotypes to give the rest of us a bad rep.  I hope you decide to join us so we  can add to the numbers of those who play responsibly. ☺️

I think it is great my DD plays as well. Congrats on your weightloss and cheers to you!

Respected Contributor

Quick poll -- would you be more ashamed to admit to your friends and family that you play Pokemon Go or that you sit on a computer/mobile device for 8 hours a day posting to strangers?

For the record, I'm more guilty of the latter.Smiley LOL

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. ~ Desmond Tutu
Respected Contributor

@JJsMom, I wouldn't be ashamed to tell anyone what my choice of entertainment is, which is really none of their business anyhow, because I don't care what others think.  One thing is.... you'll never find me doing something like Pokemon Go.  I have serious reservations about it.  Now, in my state, there is a new law prohibiting registered sex offenders from playing.

But getting back to the OP, IMO 25 and 27 are children.  With few exceptions, I don't believe they have matured enough to fully understand the consequences of their choices.  They are just "grabbing at fun" at this age. IMO they are just starting out.

Respected Contributor

@SaRina wrote:

@JJsMom, I wouldn't be ashamed to tell anyone what my choice of entertainment is, which is really none of their business anyhow, because I don't care what others think.  One thing is.... you'll never find me doing something like Pokemon Go.  I have serious reservations about it.  Now, in my state, there is a new law prohibiting registered sex offenders from playing.

But getting back to the OP, IMO 25 and 27 are children.  With few exceptions, I don't believe they have matured enough to fully understand the consequences of their choices.  They are just "grabbing at fun" at this age. IMO they are just starting out.

Are you kidding me? 25 and 27 are children? What should they be 55 and 57?