Honored Contributor

Re: 2 year old left home alone while parents play Pokemon Go!

If it wasn't Pokemon, it would have been something else.  This is not a Pokemon story, it's a child neglect story. 

Honored Contributor

@bri20 wrote:

Are people still playing that silly game anyway?

I'm okay with the game as long as the players don't endanger other people.  I don't care what they get themselves into.  But I find it puzzling and sad that people in their 40's, 50's, 60's and older probably, are playing that silly game.  And not even embarrassed to say it publicly....lol    We went for a walk in the little park near us and our 60something neighbor seemed to be wandering around sort of aimlessly.  I thought he might have been sick but he and his 60something girlfriend were playing Pokemon.  Whatever.  When I get board, reading a book works for me.

Respected Contributor

@mom2four wrote:

@Allegheny wrote:

@151949

I know, I found that odd.

In the article, it said police entered the house and found the cell phone number.  (I didn't think they could go into the house.)

I would love to read the actual police report.

According to the report the child was screaming and trying to get into the residence.  The officers would have probable cause to enter the residence to check on the welfare of the occupants.

@mom2four0418

Very true.  I thought about that after posting.

Respected Contributor

That's a special kind of stupid isn't it?  That poor baby.  I hope they throw the book at the "parents".

Esteemed Contributor

@ROMARY wrote:

'Call me whatever', but anyone here think that there should be some type of high school (or middle school) class re: raising children in a safe way. (?) .... Something like a 'Child Safety' class.

They already exist.  The parents in this story will definitely have to do this as a condition if they want their children back. Yep!

*Call Tyrone*
Esteemed Contributor

@Allegheny wrote:

@151949

In the article, it said police entered the house and found the cell phone number.  (I didn't think they could go into the house.)

It's call "exigent circumstances."  They can in this case because of the danger to the child.  This is not uncommon and varies state by state.

*Call Tyrone*
Honored Contributor

Yep. This sounds about right.  There are a lot of people lacking any common sense these days.

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

If it wasn't Pokemon, it would have been something else.  This is not a Pokemon story, it's a child neglect story. 

You are so right and I would bet they have run quick errands and such while leaving the child at home.  Put baby in the crib and run get a gallon of milk and loaf of bread.  Stupid people.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Esteemed Contributor

Often drugs are involved when parents neglect their children.  I wonder if they do drugs also.

Respected Contributor

@Allegheny wrote:

@151949

They could because they had reason to believe an adult was inside and possibly injured or I'll if they did not answer the door.

what makes me so sick about these cases is that the court will just return child to "natural" parents until the next time, when child shows up dead!

Never underestimate the power of kindness.