Respected Contributor

Re: 2 year old left home alone while parents play Pokemon Go!

Are people still playing that silly game anyway?

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

You all need to read this.   I hope they never get to see their child again.

If you don't like to click on links, look up NBC's report on this.  When police called father, according to report he said "whatever" and hung up on them.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/arizona-couple-abandons-toddler-play-pokemon-go-n621006?cid=eml_...

Honored Contributor

@bri20 wrote:

Are people still playing that silly game anyway?

Yes, so you can continue to point out that you are superior to them by not playing and letting everyone know you think it's silly. Carry on!

Honored Contributor

@Allegheny wrote:

You all need to read this.   I hope they never get to see their child again.

If you don't like to click on links, look up NBC's report on this.  When police called father, according to report he said "whatever" and hung up on them.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/arizona-couple-abandons-toddler-play-pokemon-go-n621006?cid=eml_...

Throw their asses in jail and when they protest the officer who locks the door can say, "Whatever"

Honored Contributor

I wonder how the police got his cell phone number.

Honored Contributor

'Call me whatever', but anyone here think that there should be some type of high school (or middle school) class re: raising children in a safe way. (?) .... Something like a 'Child Safety' class.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@151949

I know, I found that odd.

In the article, it said police entered the house and found the cell phone number.  (I didn't think they could go into the house.)

I would love to read the actual police report.

Esteemed Contributor

@151949 wrote:

I wonder how the police got his cell phone number.

My guess, not the first time they had been there.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Trusted Contributor

They are talking ARIZONA, which seems to be the child abuse capitol of the states.  News coverage of HotCars, pool drowning "I only left them for a SECOND", "wouldnt stop crying", says boyfriend, etc, etc, etc.  Sheriff Babeau has been learning law enforcement from the magnificent SHERIFF JOE. 

Leaving a child anywhere by themselves AT ANY TIME, to me personally, is Abhorrent!!!!!!!!   The child can have anything at any time happen to them, as the person leaving them can have something happen to them. ----------'

Respected Contributor

@Allegheny wrote:

@151949

I know, I found that odd.

In the article, it said police entered the house and found the cell phone number.  (I didn't think they could go into the house.)

I would love to read the actual police report.

According to the report the child was screaming and trying to get into the residence.  The officers would have probable cause to enter the residence to check on the welfare of the occupants.

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky