Respected Contributor

Re: 2 year old left home alone while parents play Pokemon Go!

@mstyrion 1 wrote:

@tedEbear wrote:

They are talking ARIZONA, which seems to be the child abuse capitol of the states.  News coverage of HotCars, pool drowning "I only left them for a SECOND", "wouldnt stop crying", says boyfriend, etc, etc, etc.  Sheriff Babeau has been learning law enforcement from the magnificent SHERIFF JOE. 

Leaving a child anywhere by themselves AT ANY TIME, to me personally, is Abhorrent!!!!!!!!   The child can have anything at any time happen to them, as the person leaving them can have something happen to them. ----------'

OK. You're going there.

If by magnificent you mean under federal indictment, then you are mistaken. Sheriff Babeau has his own problems. He doesn't need to emulate Joe.

Stupid parents are all over the country.  I don't think Arizona has the lock on that problem.

I agree there are as many stupid parents not playing pokemon in NYC as probably anywhere else. I see them all the time. But funny thing since I am down in the WS area they are usually older and you would think they would by then have their act together. 

Esteemed Contributor

@SaRina wrote:

@JJsMom, I wouldn't be ashamed to tell anyone what my choice of entertainment is, which is really none of their business anyhow, because I don't care what others think.  One thing is.... you'll never find me doing something like Pokemon Go.  I have serious reservations about it.  Now, in my state, there is a new law prohibiting registered sex offenders from playing.

But getting back to the OP, IMO 25 and 27 are children.  With few exceptions, I don't believe they have matured enough to fully understand the consequences of their choices.  They are just "grabbing at fun" at this age. IMO they are just starting out.

The male brain is still developing at 25, sooooo.  I can agree.  Don't know what the excuse is for the woman.  We tend to mature faster than men!

*Call Tyrone*
Esteemed Contributor

@SaRina wrote:

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@SaRina wrote:

@JJsMom, I wouldn't be ashamed to tell anyone what my choice of entertainment is, which is really none of their business anyhow, because I don't care what others think.  One thing is.... you'll never find me doing something like Pokemon Go.  I have serious reservations about it.  Now, in my state, there is a new law prohibiting registered sex offenders from playing.

But getting back to the OP, IMO 25 and 27 are children.  With few exceptions, I don't believe they have matured enough to fully understand the consequences of their choices.  They are just "grabbing at fun" at this age. IMO they are just starting out.

You don't believe people who are 25 and 27 years old are capable of understanding what choosing to leave a 2 year old alone at home, for any reason, is not a good idea?  May I ask at what age you feel they are mature enough to actually understand that there are consequences for poor choices. 

You people are sounding downright hostile in challenging my opinion.  At least that's the way it's coming across cyber-space, lol.

Obviously, I am making a gross generalization.  There are young adults in their 20's who are exceedingly responsible and know the difference between right and wrong.  However, my generalized opinion is based upon my personal experience and observations.  As an example, one of my relatives was married and had two children by the age of 26. She is 30 now.  Her husband is still out carousing with his friends rather than sharing in the responsibilities at home.  He never grew up.  I see this kind of behavior over and over again in other examples.

I advised my children to spend their 20's establishing their careers and getting all the leftover college fun out of their systems.  They weren't required to follow my advice, but did, and thanked me for it because by the time they hit their 30's, they were well-equipped to handle marriages and family responsibilities.

That's not to say there aren't 20 year olds who are responsible  .... but my opinion is that many more of them lack the skills for more responsible behavior, especially where raising children are concerned,.... as in the OP.

I agree with you.  There is evidence of grown folk acting a fool everyday.  Some who have been married (three, four times) and still looking for attention.  LOL.  Adults can be just as immature as the twenty somethings.

Here's something to read to help you solidify your belief!  I believe it too.

http://www.bustle.com/articles/92889-3-ways-your-brain-changes-in-your-twenties-according-to-science

*Call Tyrone*