Esteemed Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

I have noticed there are two types of people....loud pushy people who hound you till they get their way and those that build relationships to come up with solutions.

In business I have always built relationships which has worked well.  Now I am dealing with loud obnoxious people who are always demanding things.  Oil and water do not mix.

How do you deal with people who are so opposite..

@CrazyDaisy 

I don't think there are only two types of people.   

Having said that, it's obviously time for you to learn to get along with those that aren't "easy".  

Referencing your comment in post #7, don't engage (again)  in conversations you've already had.    It's not like you can do anything about it, so they are talking to the wrong person. 

"Oh at work, think this guy just likes to argue for the sake of arguing.  He doesn't like a certain tax, every time I pay it there is a half hour rant about if I agree that as a business owner he should have to pay it.  Not my call, State says you pay. Just one example"

While that may be the simple answer.....however he signs my paycheck.  Oh and i can and do get along very well with "difficult people", no need to be nasty.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Trusted Contributor

I have been told that there is a way to say things.  I cannot say that I agree.  The point is still the point.  With loud, obnoxious people you can still have your say.  Whether or not they listen is out of your hands anyway.  Then there are those people that you never have to speak to. I tend to believe that folks will be folks. Deal with them or don't.  

Respected Contributor

People who are loud and pushy probably started when they were children and they have remained loud and pushy, because it works.

Honored Contributor

Re: 2 types of people

[ Edited ]

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

Oh at work, think this guy just likes to argue for the sake of arguing.  He doesn't like a certain tax, every time I pay it there is a half hour rant about if I agree that as a business owner he should have to pay it.  Not my call, State says you pay. Just one example

@CrazyDaisy 

Consider yourself lucky you only have to put up with people like this.  His rant sounds mild compared to what I have been seeing.

Honored Contributor

At the stage of life I am in--am 67--I choose not to be in their obnoxious company no matter who they think they are---but I am retired now--when I was working and those people were around--I would listen, take what was important out of it then go do the job with a little tweaking--lucky for me I had very few of those types to deal with.

Esteemed Contributor

(thread title)

@CrazyDaisy 

Only 2 types of people?  Over the decades having run several different organizations, my count of differences in people is much higher. I have drawn my own conclusions why so many are different, and there are almost as many "whys", as there are people.

Only things I now notice in people are the "I need it now(immediately),and those like myself, that are more understanding and patient than some others. 

I worked with many that liked to complain, why to me, as most of my jobs there were at least 20 others doing the same type of work. Thinking many came to me because my method of dealing with things I saw as "not right", was going to the person(s) that were in a position to change specific things. 

Regardless of my outside work activities or at work, nobody pushed me to the point of "getting their way". If I believe a certain way about an issue, loud/pushy people hounding me, I just tune(d) out.

hckynut 

hckynut(john)