Honored Contributor

Re: 2 lbs of cherries for $38.72???!!!

Even the Rainiers aren't THAT expensive!!

What was the Q thinking??

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

lulu2 wrote:

Don't blame QVC, blame Harry & David.  On their website 2 pounds of cherries are $44.95.

1 pound 2 ounces of blueberries is $34.95.

There are people willing to pay these prices.

its true......plenty of people, including many on these boards, always have great things to say about harry & david.......so whatever they are charging doesnt dissuade people from purchasing. give the consumers what they want. if they dont want it then they dont buy it. if they dont buy it then the company will stop selling it. evidently, they are buying.

i do know that during the holidays i pay good money for comice pears......because i cannot find good ones elsewhere. they are super juicy, sweet, delicious, thin skinned,  and have a money back guarantee. i also buy numerous boxes for gifts. the families i give them to look forward to them every year now.

whoever is buying them ENJOY!!!!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Ever since "The Ham Incident" of Christmas 2012, I have sworn off Q's food (except the chocolates for gifts).....

Springfield Ham, cost $69.00 and full of fat and bone.  Would not feed 6 people!  I went out and bought another ham to add to it!

Went to King Soopers and purchased a huge ham for $22.00... small bone, very little fat, low salt and was one of the best hams I've ever purchased.

Complained to QVC about the ham.  Got an attitude but they refunded me.  Had I bought Q's ham at the supermarket and saw the ham through the wrapper (always buy one you can see)... I would not have bought it much less paid nearly $70 for it.

I'm afraid to buy their fruit..... Woman Surprised

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

Who is buying all the high priced food? Cherries at the grocery store are $1.99 a pound on sale right now.
Super Contributor

I love Rainier cherries.  They taste like candy.

~~66 and owned by cats and dogs.~~
Trusted Contributor

RIDICULOUS price, just like all the food QVC sells. People who spend that kind of money are TOTALLY clueless.

Honored Contributor

I am in California, cherries are  any where from 1.99 to 3.99, depending on the batch.  I don't know who would pay that for cherries.  Someone who loves them and has no access to them, but has the cash to get them!  LOL.

Who here cannot get get cherries at the store?  I know they are going out of season, because the imported stuff was in today when I looked.  But I bought Washington cherries the other day. The shelves have been piled with cherries since May.

Rainier cherries are not my fav, but I love them too.  We has trees of Rainer (We called them Queen Anne) in front of our home, on the lawn growing up.

Esteemed Contributor

I don't mind paying more money for great fruits and veggies but almost $20 a pound is ridiculous.

The most I have paid for cherries is 10.99lb and that was for organic Rainer cherries. They were honestly the most delicious cherries I have ever had buT I thought that was a little pricey. I think that was at Fresh Market but Whole Foods is pricy too.

Our CSA has excellent cherries too.

I have been gifted Harry and David fruit many times because all of our friends know I am a fruit freak and their quality has never been close to what I get at my FreshMarket or my CSA. NEVER. As a matter of fact I find their fruit not as good as my Food Lions organic fruits.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Respected Contributor

Miss Havisham
Valued Contributor

Look closely at the graphic.  S&H included has been the standard on food items for a couple of years now, but on these cherries they are saying special S&H rates expire July 14th at 10:59pm (doesn't even go to midnight!!!)

Screen Shot 2015-07-13 at 8.04.20 AM.png

"It doesn't matter if the glass is half-full or half-empty as long as you still have the rest of the bottle."