Honored Contributor

Re: 2 boys suffer 2nd degree sunburn at day care

It was hard to keep from crying seeing those kids in the hospital on tv.Crying in pain.

Those blisters were huge and  from the sun was a shocker to me.

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Esteemed Contributor

That is horrible and "very" painful. Those poor kids!

I know this because when I was younger I had bubbles like that all over my back while at the beach. I was sick as heck too. Back then you had sea and ski to put on which did not work. They did not have the sun blocks of now days.

I would wear a shirt on the beach and to go in the water (pale redhead here). But the time I got bubbles (sun poisoning)  I did not wear the shirt. That night I laid with Noxema all over to cool the burn, and I cried. And when the bubble burst. Ouch! Never again! I learned after that.

But these poor children are under age and adults should have known better. They should not have been out in 110 degree weather!

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Honored Contributor

You can also get sunburned on an overcast day too-- those UV rays still come thru the clouds.

Anyway, a burn on a child is a serious thing because children have a greater surface area of skin vs an adult. They also can lose a lot of fluids through their skin because of the burns-- IVs are very important to keep the child from becoming dehydrated when there are burns.

I hope that they do not need plastic surgery in their immediate future-- skin grafts.

That is painful as well for children receiving skin from the donor sites of their bodies.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Esteemed Contributor

One of the care givers stated they ran out of sun screen. I don't understand why someone didn't purchase more.
Respected Contributor

@151949 wrote:

I am curious as to why this only happened to one parent's two sons and none of the other kids. Doesn't that seem odd to anyone else?

Those do not look like any sunburns I've ever seen and I have seen burns bad enough to cause blisters.   None of them are actually red, just blistered?

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Honored Contributor

I've been letting this story 'cook' thinking more info will come out, but the internet is abuzz w/ something else, so the story will forever on the back pages.

There's definitely something about this story that doesn't 'smell' right.  Hummm.  Lots of little things might have logical explanation, but if one has to question, then it's odd.

Honored Contributor

I read most, but not all of the posts here .....  didn't the parents have to sign a permission slip for the kids to go to the water park?

If so, they must have also known that they are responsible for the sunscreen ....  correct ??

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

I read most, but not all of the posts here .....  didn't the parents have to sign a permission slip for the kids to go to the water park?

If so, they must have also known that they are responsible for the sunscreen ....  correct ??

I would think that should have happened.