Honored Contributor

Re: 2 Cartloads Full Of Toilet Paper

I saw a man at Acme tonight with at least 20 gallon bottles of water, 8 bottles of hand soap, a few other things in great quantity and a case of toilet tissue.

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

@Caligurll wrote:

IMG_8822.JPG

@Caligurll 

Woman LOL

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Being picky about the brands of toilet paper & paper towels I use, I stay stocked up; I'm never close to running out.  It's hard to do normal weekly shopping because of all the panicked shoppers (oh, how I wish I could use the term I really want to use).  My husband does our shopping & has called me every time he has attempted to go to Costco and the grocery store (not to stock up...just our normal shopping), telling me how absolutely crazy it is.  He has left his cart several times & said the hell with it!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Valued Contributor

I bought 72 rolls of tp from Target last August shipped for free.  Still using my stash.  I'm good.  Probably do it again this August.  Beat the rush.

Esteemed Contributor

I still don’t understand why people are hoarding toilet paper.
Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

I honestly can’t even guess how much toilet paper we would need if we were quarantined for a month...but it wouldn’t be 10 multipacks like some people are grabbing. I usually buy ours at Costco so I always have plenty. People have gone mad. Herd instinct and pawns of the media.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Before I had the possible exposure to Coronavirus experience yesterday, I had gone to Publix the third day to get bread and there was none.  I had to get milk for cereal and there was nothing two days in a row.  So I just skipped on over to the wine and bought myself some happy for a few days.  Thank goodness because then I learned I have been exposed to CV.  Oh, well, I can binge-watch movies and have a glass of wine from time to time.

We have lots of TP and paper towel, Kleenex until the next virus, I expect.  My kids will probably call and want me to put some by the door for them since they will not want to come in, having learned I have been exposed.  I told my gardener I had been exposed so I left him an envelope with money.  I still had to handle the envelope but I washed my hands before doing so.  Then he knocked on the back door to let me know he had found lots of paper towel, tissue paper and so forth in my garden shop and wanted to bring it in.  I told him to leave it outside and I would get it.  I might have to paper my house inside while I am staying in for 2 weeks.

Respected Contributor

@Nonametoday   Well, exposure to the virus doesn't mean you will actually get it.  Your gardener sounds like a great person.  I have luckily noticed more kindness in people lately, even in the supermarket this morning--customers and employees alike--with zero grumpy people, even though crowded, but not more than other Saturdays, but some shelves cleared.  

Glad you were able to pick up your "happy" and hopefully all will be well with you.  I'll symbolically raise my "happy" glass to you--I also enjoy a glass of wine--later today.

aroc3435

Valued Contributor

For years, I've bought TP online and shipped free a case at a time.  Now it's unavailable and unknown when or if it will be back in stock.

Honored Contributor

Image result for toilet paper patrol gif

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee