Esteemed Contributor

Re: 2 American Teens Allegedly Kill Police Officer In Rome

@sidsmom wrote:

I agree...there’s probably lots more to the story than being released.  

The action of stabbing is unusual.

When the form of killing is done within the victim’s personal space

(think stabbing, strangulation, cutting, etc)

that typically means the killer knew his/her victim.  

And to be stabbed 8 times?  

Seems overkill..like there was a personal grudge. 

My gut says we’ll never know the real story. 

@sidsmom  In this case I think it means nothing more than that the killer had a knife and not a gun.  I think the story we've been given IS the real story. 

Keepin' it real.
Trusted Contributor

I am interested to see the legal defense their family will provide.

Happiness is ALWAYS an inside job,
Don't assign anyone else that much POWER
in your life!!!
Respected Contributor

If the blindfold is considered appalling, just think what would be on their heads if they'd tried this in Russia or China.  

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

When you are a "guest" in a foreign country and choose to commit a crime you cannot claim ignorance.  Not every country is like our USA where you are given due process.  This was MURDER - and the policeman was doing his job.  In my opinion I believe many Italians felt that Amanda Knox got away with murder several years ago - I think they will be more severe with the sentence of these 2.  And stabbing someone 11 times to death over a drug deal? Makes me sick.  My sympathy is with the police officer & his family.   @RoughDraft is right in saying these 2 are lucky they were in Italy & not in a country where their fates would be much different.

Valued Contributor

@lovesrecess wrote:

Probably more to the story than we will know; the photo of one boy blindfolded in the police station was appalling, and the Italian police quickly admitted it was illegal to do so. They confessed, but hard to know yet the circumstances of that. They say they have the entire encounter on video, so that may seal their fate. Committing a crime in a foreign country never ends well. Doubtful even a high-priced attorney will be able to help them out of this.

Appalling? So murderers should be treated with kindess and respect because they deserve compassion?  

Just for once I'd like people to put themselves in the place of the murdered victim's family and have to bury a loved one that did nothing to deserve to die and then see if you want respect and kindness to the one who took away that life. 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@PinkSunset   Amen - I couldn't agree more.  Same sentiment I wrote in my post.

Honored Contributor

"Appalling"????  It may not be a legal tactic but the only appalling scenario is the brutal stabbing to death of this police officer.

This two have already confessed.

Shame on them; and I hope they enjoy their very long, long stay in prison.

This isn't about "let's wait and see"-they  confessed and there are witnesses.

They wil have their trial, as they should, but I do not see another Amanda Knox scenario here.

Why do people automatically feel for these two pieces of garbage and ignore the pain and hurt Marco Rega felt in those last moments.

It has nothing to do with "personal attack"; obviously the office wasnt' standing far away when confronting these two and to imply that there is more to this is just nonsense.

How anybody can conjure up a  defense and an implication that Officer Rega was involved in this drug deal is beyond any reasonable theory.

His name is Marco Rega.  A human being doing his job and paying the ultimate price.  Remember that instead of being "appalled" over a blindfold.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Trusted Contributor

I am not appalled by a blindfold but by what those two did.  They deserve a blindfold and oh so much more in my opinion.

Trusted Contributor

@lovesrecess Appalling???  What is appalling is that a man is dead.

Honored Contributor

Wow! I said nothing about compassion , kindness, or respect for these two guys. You must be attacking someone else...please get your posts on the right poster’s name.