Honored Contributor

Re: 1st Time I've Seen My Cell Phone In 6 Weeks.

[ Edited ]

I only have a cell phone,would not be out at all without one.You better learn to keep it charged.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

Do I take it with me in the car? lol  I take it everywhere.  I even put it in my pocket when I walk the pup (as I'm sure many of us do).  It's my lifeline.  

I've also used it to call for help when I was stuck in an elevator, when the "call help" button wasn't working.

Honored Contributor

Up until a few years ago, I didn't concern myself with cell phones.  But now that I'm alone, yes--I always take mine in the car in case of an emergency.

One thing to consider about not having a cell phone when you're out is that there aren't any phone booths around anymore in case you do need to call someone.  Things are different now than years ago when I wouldn't hesitate to walk up to someone's house and ask to use their phone if I needed to.  (Now, chances are they wouldn't have a landline anyway.)  And people are leery about about even lending their cell phone to a stranger if necessary.

It may be a pain to keep one up if you don't use it, but personally, unless I was always accompanied by someone who had a cell phone, I wouldn't leave my house without one.  

Respected Contributor

I keep my cell phone charged and never leave home without it.  I even have it in my pocket, when outdoors at home. 

You just never know what might happen these days, when every second counts. It could help me in an emergency, or someone else. 

Not only do I like having a lifeline, I also like having camera and video capability. Pictures ARE worth a thousand words.

My phone bill is higher than I'd like, but in addition to communication with friends and family, plus some fun apps, it offers a sense of security.   

Respected Contributor

I don't own an active cell phone, don't go out at night and rarely drive during the day. I don't have anyone that would need to call me for an emergency.

I had a trac phone for a year and only used it once to call my neighbor to see if it worked!

I still have it even though its not in service but I've heard you can still call 911 on it and I do keep it charged. I figure there are enough people that have one that if I was stuck during the day I could ask someone to call for me that looked normal. lol 

Honored Contributor

if i am out, my phone goes with me and is usually in my purse or in my pocket.

when i go to bed, my phone goes onto my nightstand.

if i am in the kitchen it sits on one of the counters.

if i am in the shower my phone serves as some musical or talk show entertainment.....my sirius/xm satellite radio is also loaded onto my phone.

if i am at work, it generally sits on my desk.

if i am at the beach/pool i have it in my beach bag so that i can play my favorite music, read emails, or play games.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

My cell is on it's last legs.  Ugh.  I'm waiting on gift cards I ordered on line to get a new one (Best Buy). 

I can live without it for a few days, if it dies.  Yes I have land lines.  (Those I could not live without!)

I usually charge my cell in my car, but there are many times I leave the house and realize I don't have my cell with me.  Unless I'm headed on a hundred plus mile road trip, I do not turn around and get it.  No need to.

Honored Contributor

My phone is always with me.

At work I have TWO iPhones on me at all times - the 2nd is my work phone.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Right now my phone is in the bedroom upstairs and I'm down in the basement.   So I don't use it all the time but  most of the time.

I have an online business and get notifications which is very helpful.  I also use it a lot for texting, taking photos, check the weather, time, stocks, GPS, make restaurant reservations, etc.

It's always with me when I go out.

Honored Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

I was cleaning out my purse and my cell phone, deader than a doornail, was at the bottom. 

I can't use it at the house, no reception. I only take it when I'm in the car as a just in case thing.  Half the time it's dead and I charge it in the car.

It drove my DH crazy.  I would find my phone charging in the kitchen.  He would get it from from purse and charge it.  Why, I don't know.  It was useless in the house so why worry about it, but it made him feel better having it charged. 

If I get stuck somewhere I'm not in the Mojave Desert, someone would help me or my family would look for me.  They always know where I'm going and when I should be back.

I'm seriously thinking of getting rid of it. I don't drive at night alone anymore when I would never except or ask someone for help.  Daytime, I don't worry about.

Do you take a phone when your in the car?

Of course someone would help you. But it might take a while. Nowadays people assume everyone on the road has a cell phone and can call for help. Also with 5G coverage coming up, you may be able to get a signal in your house soon. There's also having your cell phone switch to wifi at home, which someone could set up for you.

It's just a good idea to take your phone with you when you leave the house and keep it charged.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr