Esteemed Contributor

1st Time I've Seen My Cell Phone In 6 Weeks.

I was cleaning out my purse and my cell phone, deader than a doornail, was at the bottom. 

I can't use it at the house, no reception. I only take it when I'm in the car as a just in case thing.  Half the time it's dead and I charge it in the car.

It drove my DH crazy.  I would find my phone charging in the kitchen.  He would get it from from purse and charge it.  Why, I don't know.  It was useless in the house so why worry about it, but it made him feel better having it charged. 

If I get stuck somewhere I'm not in the Mojave Desert, someone would help me or my family would look for me.  They always know where I'm going and when I should be back.

I'm seriously thinking of getting rid of it. I don't drive at night alone anymore when I would never except or ask someone for help.  Daytime, I don't worry about.

Do you take a phone when your in the car?

Honored Contributor

Re: 1st Time I've Seen My Cell Phone In 6 Weeks.

Yes, I take my phone with me when I go out.  I own the old flip phone because I hardly use my cell phone.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

Yes I take a cell phone when I'm out in my car. It's the only way I can call DH if I need help. I basically use mine for emergencies & texting family & friends. I hardly ever talk on it.

We bought one for our dad to keep on his person so if he fell he could call for help. He gave the phone to my younger sister? I was not happy since me & another sister paid for it for dad's use. Even if you don't have any airtime to use the cell you can still call 911.

Esteemed Contributor

Always have it with me and charged. Never know when someone will have an emergency and needs to get ahold of you. 

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Esteemed Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 Wow! Six weeks would be an eternity to some people. 😂 I take my cell phone with me whenever I leave the house, especially when I am walking nature trails. You can suddenly become ill, need directions or need to summon help for someone else etc. It gives my family, and me peace of mind. I have a portable charger so I am never without power, and highly recommend them for everyone. It is one of those things I did not realize I needed, until I got one😊.

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Honored Contributor

My cell phone is my lifeline.  We don't have a land line anymore.   I'm always waiting for or sending emails, sending or receiving texts, using the internet, and 20 other things I'm needing it for.  

Respected Contributor

Once I am up, my cell phone is always charged and on my body. I wear it in a flat, utility-style belt bag.

I used to keep my cell off too, unless I needed to make a call. I didn't realize that someone might need to reach me. It took a family emergency to change my thinking.

Honored Contributor

I take mine with every time I go out but if I do not have my purse in the car it stays.  Not in the Walmart or other such errand shopping to be out of pocket too long for an emergency.  Also, do not need to talk to anyone bad enough just to talk while running errands.  I do go so long some days without looking at it or using it my battery dies too.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

I have an iPhone, but r.a.r.e.l.y use the 'phone' function

but it's always next to me and/or in my purse.

Use it for everything but a phone🙃

Honored Contributor

I couldn't function without my cell phone.  Just thinking about not having it for a few hours gives me hives.