Honored Contributor

Re: 1st Major SnowStorm of the Winter headed our way!

[ Edited ]

Amarillo, Tx area is in for high winds and some possibility of snow Sat. night into Sunday morning to get to church in. 

Coming down from Colorado some places will get 5-6 inches. If we get any will be no more then inch probably.

1oops.jpg

Super Contributor

SRe: 1st Major SnowStorm of the Winter headed our way!

So excited for you, CandleQueen! I love the snow, especially during the Christmas season! Smiley Happy Heart

Education | Sorority Alumna | PGA Foundation | Coffee and Brunch are my thing.
Honored Contributor

UGH! I hate snow.   Hope everyone stays safe and the power stays on for you.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

It's ironic that Wisconsin is getting its first snowfall when we in the Desert Southwest have had 3 major snowfalls this fall.  The first, in October brought me 7", the second in early November 10" and last week about 5", all fine powdery snow which is the usual in an arid climate.  We got snow yesterday but not enough to measure.  More predicted for tomorrow. This is very unusual.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Miss Pepsi wrote:

Stay safe.  I lived Northwest of Chicago til 1981 then Boston, moved to Florida in 1994.  I miss snow.  When I lived up there the closer you were to the lake the more snow you got.  They called it "Lake Effect"

@Miss Pepsi ,Yes they still do call it that, sometimes the closer you are to the lake the more snow you get, depends on where the storm is coming from, I guess. We are right on Lake Michigan, so I hope we don't get a lot! I don't mind a little, as it is very pretty.......But I much prefer the light, fluffy snow versus the heavy,wet snow!

Honored Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

I live in Southeastern Wisconsin, and our 1st big Snowstorm is coming Sat. Morning! It is supposed to be the wet, heavy snow! Very hard to shovel too.....They are saying that the closer you are to the lake, the less snow you will get, I hope that is the case!!!!

@CANDLEQUEEN I feel your pain, I hate snow and I am the one who shovels. I have an elderly neighbor, I try to help her out if I can, but if it's a big storm, I just can't. I would hire a kid to shovel, no one comes around so I have to do it.

Honored Contributor

My nephew just moved up to Wisconsin last spring. Can’t recall the town. He had lived in Phoenix...wow, is he in for a surprise! My daughter went to Marquette and she could not wait to leave West Allis....in the winter. Bundle up and hope everyone fares well...just stay inside like we have been for months anyway.
Super Contributor

Candlequeen, I am in Southwest Wisconsin also, just more inland than you. Yes they said we were getting more then those closer to lake.  I was surprised but I think that Lake Michigan is still warn so the warming effect is probably the reason.  I am at work and looking out the window at it snowing right now.  Just starting to put a white tint on everything.  Someone mentioned liking to walk when it's snowing.  I have to agree as long as it isn't a blizzard.  It always seems so still and the air is so fresh.  I guess God gave us something special for each season.

Honored Contributor

i am in maryland and am asking you to send the now our way.....PLEASE!

it was around 55 degrees here today.......above average for sure.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Frequent Contributor

Well I was watching the Weather Channel about 4am. Weather person decided the East coast{looked like NJ was included} was likely to get snow this week! I threw my slipper at the tv and went back to sleep.All stay safe and snug.