Honored Contributor

19 degree outside…sunshine… with half a foot of powder snow

Yes...Seattle weather! Roads are an icy mess..news says to stay home...going to be in the 20's pretty much all week....thank goodness I have a warm home🙏🏻❤️

Honored Contributor

Re: 19 degree outside…sunshine… with half a foot of powder snow

Wow!  That's so unusual for Seattle, isn't it?  Stay warm!

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden    I thought Seattle had weather like San Francisc?  Chicago is warmer than that!  Does Seattle have the equipment to clean the roads?  Better stay home and keep warm.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

I bet your dogs love playing in the snow.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SeaMaiden  Watched part of the football game yesterday.  Surprised to see the weather Seattle was having.  Didn't think it ever snowed in that part of the country.

Here in Chicago, mid 40s and rain.  Who'da thunk???

Stay safe and watch the ice!

Esteemed Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@SeaMaiden    I thought Seattle had weather like San Francisc?  Chicago is warmer than that!  Does Seattle have the equipment to clean the roads?  Better stay home and keep warm.

Not Seamaiden, but I also live in Seattle and NO, we do not have enough snow removal equipment for this area. We have lots of steep hills, lots of bridges and too many idiots who think they can drive in the snow.

I live in Magnolia (hilly part of Seattle) and I won't be driving anywhere today or tomorrow. Right now the ice is what's a pain. The snow is pretty, but it can go away. Smiley Happy 

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Esteemed Contributor

Wow.  It's 79 degrees here and partly cloudy. Wearing short sleeves.  What a variety of climate differences we have in this country!

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Esteemed Contributor

@SeaMaiden  WOW! I'm so jealous. The mid-Atlantic states have not had any snow to speak of. We are prepared, but no snow. Tell old man winter to send that snow our way so my grandkids can get in some good sledding! All that being said, I wish everyone safe travels.

Honored Contributor

Wow, yeah - in Seattle?

We got some nice powdery snow the other night and yesterday.  Right now it's partly sunny and flurries.  You never know what you're gonna get!

I have at least a foot up at my house.    I like the powdery type snow because it sparkles.  I tried taking a couple of pics and have yet to look at them to see if they reflect how pretty it is.

Stay safe!  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Wow!  Glad it isn't in Northern Va.  last week we experienced 70 degree days.

I remember as a kid here we'd get lots of snow in the winter.  Now we might get one measurable snowfall.

Works for me because I have an all electric home.  About 5 or 6 years ago the electricity went out.  The wires fell across my driveway and I lived in this house for 4 full days with no electricity and no heat.  Never again.

My best friend's son lives and owns an island off of Seattle.  He and his husband have a farm there.

I'm going to have to see if he got any snow.