Esteemed Contributor

Re: 19 degree outside…sunshine… with half a foot of powder snow

@Mindy D wrote:

Perfect 75°F right now in S. Florida.

@Mindy D  having lived in NY and New Jersey for years and then moving to Sunrise Fl, it was so funny seeing people wearing jackets during December. That was so funny. Anything under 60 and the jackets were out. I felt strange going out in my short sleeves and shorts.

75 for me would be too warm, but enjoy it as much as you can.

Esteemed Contributor

@Pandalady wrote:

@Sage04 wrote:

Forty five minutes away from Atlanta Georgia and it's 70 degrees and it's expected to stay that way for the rest of the week. I prefer the cold weather.

I'm right there with you @Sage04  living just 15 miles south of Hartsfield-Jackson airport.  Just mentioned to DH that since it was 70 degrees on Christmas, it felt more like Easter.  What will it be like on Easter Sunday??

@Pandalady  my sister and brother in law are vacationing in the Caribbean where it's 80 degrees. I called them and told them they have nothing on us here in Atl.

A lot of people put away their summer clothes but I never do. You never know when you'll need them lol.

Trusted Contributor

Weird weather all over the place....it was 82 on Christmas Day here....a new record...we will have a week of temps near 80 and some of my trees are starting to bud. They will get zapped next week when we are due another freeze. It's not nice to fool Mother Nature. 

Honored Contributor

I live across Lake Washington from Seattle.  It has gotten up to a balmy 24 degrees now.  We really have had extreme weather this year (Heat Dome 110), extensive rain (mushrooms growing on lawns) and now this.  It does snow occasionally in Seattle but never this cold for this long.  When I got up this morning it was 14 degrees.  

Honored Contributor

So......     Every part of the country has weather today..... lol

Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@SeaMaiden    I thought Seattle had weather like San Francisc?  Chicago is warmer than that!  Does Seattle have the equipment to clean the roads?  Better stay home and keep warm.

@Katcat1    Lots of hills... and buses pretty much stop most routes... no, not really set up for snow... thus most roads are never plowed except for the major arterials... side streets remain an icy mess.  Two years ago we got about two feet of snow. Now THAT WAS A REAL MESS and I was not able to get out of my home division for about a week and a half... no mail, no paper and no deliveries. I live in a well populated home division in a major city right outside of Seattle.. All we needed was for a plow to plow the streets... but none did that as there was nothing set up for that. 

Honored Contributor

@SeaGal     I actually prefer the powder dry snow... especially for shoveling as it is so light and fluffy... the usual wet stuff we get  is awful. Yes, yesterday was a beautiful day! All that bright sunshine.Woman Happy

I guess on Wednesday night we are in for a few more inches... the last hurrah of sorts for this cold snap... then the weekend looks to warm up to the upper 30's and maybe 40 degrees...

I have to drive to the eye doctor tomorrow( Wednesday) I hope the roads are much better by then. luckily is it only a couple of miles away from my home. 

Take Care SeaGal!  Best to you and happy new year too!

Respected Contributor

@SeaMaiden  Hey girl, gosh I guess I have been MIA for a couple weeks.

Its funny how wrong our weatherman was, ch 7 news, when we got all that snow on Sunday the guy said we would get more on Thursday, dang if it didnt snow every day that week til i think it was Friday. I hope you were able to make your appt, I couldnt get off our hill til the weekend!

Yer brave!  Smiley Very Happy

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Big strom coming starting tomorrow.  Snow and some ice.  Bad weather forecast for sure.  Thank goodness I did my food shopping.

Respected Contributor

@SeaMaiden    i was out in the Seattle area over the holidays -  amazed by how long the snow lasted - on the trees - never melted off the roofs of houses in the neighborhood.   And so fluffy and pretty - it stuck to the ground, even after the week before Christmas we had a week of mild weather and it just got brutally cold about the 23'rd .  lots of kids sledding on snow saucers ...what a fun school vacation to remember!!

my son and DIL's cars - though front wheel drive, are legless on the unplowed roads. they would not leave the house.  not until the Sunday after New Year's  and then we went out in the rain pouring buckets . by then i didnt care about the deluge i was done with cabin fever!!

i have many pics of the picture postcard views - they live on an inlet, west of Seattle.

When we get snow here, the roads are plowed all day and night (New England)  we have pretty snow scenes until noon, and then it all melts.