Honored Contributor

Re: 19 degree outside…sunshine… with half a foot of powder snow

It was 80° yesterday. LOL!!!  

It's only 55° today with lots of clouds.

New Year's Day is suppose to be 34° with a low of 8°. Brrr°.

Strange weather for Dec that's for sure.

Esteemed Contributor

Forty five minutes away from Atlanta Georgia and it's 70 degrees and it's expected to stay that way for the rest of the week. I prefer the cold weather.

Honored Contributor

I am sorry for people who are dealing with ice and snow and cold temps! 

It has been in the 70's and 80's (almost 90) and shirtsleeve weather here!  Last year we had snow and a horrible ice storm in October.  Today is cooler at 61 degrees mid afternoon.

You never know what to expect weather wise in Oklahoma! 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

It's VERY cold here in the south Bay Area of SF. High temps will be in the mid-40s. The last time it appreciably snowed here was in 1976. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Its very cold here in Seattle but clear, sunshining and oh so pretty...  Beautiful  Smiley Happy

Hubs usually has Mondays off but a co worker is very sick so he went in. He went out last evening to clean the truck off and run it for a few, the locks were frozen. Luckily his back window was unlocked, he climbed thru it, omg haha! He left very early this am, got there in one piece, said it was very slick, I cant believe he even tempted to get down our hill/street. Hopefully many were able to stay home today. In normal times we do have plenty of snow plows, could always use more (cuz someones always whining their streets didnt get plowed immediately), this year the worker shortage is the problem.

@SeaMaiden  I heard on the news last night that the reason the snow is so powdery is because this front came straight down from Canada on us whereas when it comes in offshore, its warmer over the water, thus the wetter stuff. Interesting eh? I thought so, makes sense to me.   

Respected Contributor

DH was watching the football game last night and called me in to look at the field that was snow covered.  He said they are playing in Seattle, not Chicago - he was surprised to see snow there.  Thought Seattle only got rain not snow.

Respected Contributor

@Sage04 wrote:

Forty five minutes away from Atlanta Georgia and it's 70 degrees and it's expected to stay that way for the rest of the week. I prefer the cold weather.

I'm right there with you @Sage04  living just 15 miles south of Hartsfield-Jackson airport.  Just mentioned to DH that since it was 70 degrees on Christmas, it felt more like Easter.  What will it be like on Easter Sunday??

I'm not short...I'm fun size!
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Its so funny that everyone thinks it always rains in Seattle, google to see how many cities are wetter than we are, you might be surprised!   Smiley Surprised

And believe it or not we do get snow here most every year. 

eta~ ha I googled, I kinda misspoke, we have more rainy days but by far less measurable rainfall per year than many cities. Still, I think you would be surprised. We need the rainfall here, its what keeps us so beautifully green. Wouldnt want it any other way!

Honored Contributor

I'm in Woodinville WA--which is just ne of Seattle and YES-- we can get tons of snow around here--last Feb there was 12" of snow on the ground while I was trying to move into my apartment!!! Right now there is about 3" of snow and a  bone chilling 22* in the sun and in the teens, where I am, at night. Way colder the more north you go. More of this  for the rest of the week but especially on Thursday when more snow predicted. 

I HATE SNOW !!!!!!

Honored Contributor

Perfect 75°F right now in S. Florida.