Honored Contributor
On 3/17/2015 Alley Catvocate said:
On 3/17/2015 SeaGal said:
On 3/17/2015 SusieQ_2 said:

As far as the juror goes, I believe someone said it's Juan's fault for not removing her. If that's the case, and Juan bears that responsibility, then juror 17 is responsible for putting herself in the public eye knowing there would be backlash regarding her deception and refusal to deliberate.

How can Juan possibly remember EVERY face her has ever come across in the courtroom. On day one juror 17 should have stepped up and mentoned the fact she had ties to a defendent he prosecuted. That is even aside from any issue she may have had as sitting juror in this case.

She SAYS she forgot... I think that is questionable.. HOW MANY court cases has she been involved in?

I don't believe her.

Valued Contributor
On 3/17/2015 Maryann_R said:

I was watching a video from fox10 news in Phoenix, and they were showing were Jodi will be staying once she is sentenced. The cells look out into outdoor recreation courtyard area. Not into a hallway like she does now. There is a bank of pay phones in the courtyard where she can use 1- 15 minute a week. After 30 days it gets way better. She can have a TV in her cell, as time goes by she will get more and more privileges. Where she is going will be way better than where she is now. It is just very wrong. Poor Travis didn't have the option of staying alive, she saw to that.

Unbelievable.

Respected Contributor

This was an upfront death penalty case. The prosecution WAS GOING TO ASK FOR IT.

Anyone who sat on that jury was SUPPOSED to be ABLE to give the death penalty.

They were all questioned about that. You would not be taken for that jury if you said you were opposed to it.

So, that juror was absolutely in the wrong not to deliberate or consider it.

The only way you were to say you were against it was if the prosecution didn't convince you it was deserved or the defense presented enough of a mitigating factor.

This psycho planned the murder days ahead, had secks with the man, stabbed him countless times, slit his throat, and shot him in the head. She tried to clean it up, couldn't, then drove to be with another man for an alibi. She left him to rot in the shower stall.

This juror was not just unconvinced, she was against it from the start. There is a whole heck of a lot of difference between the two.

Hyacinth

Respected Contributor

was justice served..................h3ll NO

was the law/judicial system followed.................yes

like it or not, that's our judicial system in action..........was it a just outcome, no....but it was a legal one...........she got away this time, but you can't get away forever................................raven

We're not in Kansas anymore ToTo
Frequent Contributor
On 3/17/2015 raven-blackbird said:

like it or not, that's our judicial system in action..........was it a just outcome, no....but it was a legal one...........she got away this time, but you can't get away forever................................raven

If juror #17 was honest and upfront about how she felt about this being revenge against Jodi, I guarantee she would not have been picked and juror that is not against the DP would have been chosen and the outcome might have been different.

Super Contributor

But yet all of these people feel sorry for Jodi for the state seeking the DP for what she did. Where is their compassion for what she did to Travis? The look on his face in the first shower picture said it all. He knew what she was going to do to him, I believe. The look was not one of him posing, but one of fear for his life.

Who in the world ever said that they feel sorry for Jodi????? Just because some of us posters are against the death penalty doesn't mean that we don't recognize the severity of this crime. Apples and oranges.

And I still fail to see the "deception" on the part of this juror - you've all been told time and again with reputable links as to what this juror disclosed.

So Jodi didn't get the death penalty. Big deal - it is what it is. I think some of you are just pullling your hair out for reasons other than feeling justice for Travis.

Honored Contributor
On 3/17/2015 raven-blackbird said:

I think justice was served.

She was convicted on the most serious murder charge and will be spending the rest of her miserable life behind bars.

Justice offered TWO choices for capital murder - the DP or life behind bars. It took TWO juries to come to the same conclusion. It was fair.

The system worked as it should.

Respected Contributor

I was watching a video from fox10 news in Phoenix, and they were showing were Jodi will be staying once she is sentenced. The cells look out into outdoor recreation courtyard area. Not into a hallway like she does now. There is a bank of pay phones in the courtyard where she can use 1- 15 minute a week. After 30 days it gets way better. She can have a TV in her cell, as time goes by she will get more and more privileges. Where she is going will be way better than where she is now. It is just very wrong. Poor Travis didn't have the option of staying alive, she saw to that.

I think this is why many people have a problem with a life sentence for her.

If her prison life was more of a punishment and hardship, it might be easier to accept a life sentence.

"The truth is like a lion. You don't have to defend it. Let it loose. It will defend itself."
- Augustine

Be Vigilent
Honored Contributor
On 3/18/2015 Lion said:

I think this is why many people have a problem with a life sentence for her.

If her prison life was more of a punishment and hardship, it might be easier to accept a life sentence.

Locked up for life IS a terrible punishment.

Allowing prisoners to have some privileges benefits the jailers as much as it does the prisoners, maybe more. It keeps them occupied and "in line" - knowing that if they mess up, they will lose their privileges.

My cousin's husband was a supervisor at Attica. He used to always say that prisoners should have all the twinkies and dirty movies they wanted...and LESS weightlifting and exercise. He said they should all be fat, out of shape and content...it is safer for the guards when the prisoners are content!!!! (of course that's not how Attica is run...and look at the results).

Honored Contributor
On 3/18/2015 Cakers1 said:

<em>But yet all of these people feel sorry for Jodi</em> for the state seeking the DP for what she did. Where is their compassion for what she did to Travis? The look on his face in the first shower picture said it all. He knew what she was going to do to him, I believe. The look was not one of him posing, but one of fear for his life.

Who in the world ever said that they feel sorry for Jodi????? Just because some of us posters are against the death penalty doesn't mean that we don't recognize the severity of this crime. Apples and oranges.

And I still fail to see the "deception" on the part of this juror - you've all been told time and again with reputable links as to what this juror disclosed.

So Jodi didn't get the death penalty. Big deal - it is what it is. I think some of you are just pullling your hair out for reasons other than feeling justice for Travis.

Agree. Not a single person ever stated she "feels sorry for JA" or has any sympathy for her.

And ITA with everything else you said.