Valued Contributor

oh gosh, i was so excited to think that this was a responsible breeder but then i saw that they will all be sold online via websites like craigslist.

i was hoping that this was a litter that was already sold and that people were waiting for their puppies to be born.

i pray that these dogs go to good homes and that the sellers does background checks on all prospective buyers but by seeing the 'craigslist' part, i'm not sure this will happen.

responsible breeders, never breed unless they have homes selected for the puppies prior to birth. there are usually a few openings for first time owners and the application process is a stringent one.

my joy has now turned to uncertainty because i know that not every pet owner is a good owner.

sorry to depress everyone. i don't wish to be a buzz kill but sometimes i can't help myself.

"If I am not for myself, who will be for me? But if I am only for myself, who am I? If not now, when?" Hillel
Valued Contributor
On 6/21/2014 Photo Donna said:

When I see stories like this I can't help but think of all the dogs dying in shelters -- this problem is created by people.

i don't have a shelter dog. our doggy was found by my husband wandering the streets; hungry, scared and with her nails worn down to the nub. she has a forever home with us now and she'll never know what it is to be homeless ever again. she appears to be a pit bull and she's the most wonderful addition to our family of cats. the cats hated her at first but they hate everyone, even me sometimes. lol

"If I am not for myself, who will be for me? But if I am only for myself, who am I? If not now, when?" Hillel
Super Contributor

17 puppies???!!!! Poor momma dog is going to be worn out. Glad to hear they all survived the birth and are doing good. Hard to imagine something so tiny is going to grow up to be so big. Adorable!!!

Honored Contributor
And all absolute cutie pies! We had a Beagle who had 14, also a huge litter for a smaller breed. Were we ever busy for a while!
Honored Contributor

I'm worn out just looking at that many precious babies. {#emotions_dlg.laugh} Good Luck momma and babes! May you all find happy, healthy, loving homes and wonderful humans to play with!{#emotions_dlg.wub}

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Super Contributor

22 hours of labor, BTW.

There, there Mama... {#emotions_dlg.wub}

Honored Contributor

Can you imagine the family reunion?

Esteemed Contributor

Poor momma will definitely need help feeding them, and she will need a calcium supplement.

I had a friend whose Yorkie had 9 pups & she had a heck of a time registering them. Also a neighbors Chi just had 7 puppies.

Honored Contributor
I heard on TV this evening thar the record litter for a cat is 17 kittens. That's a lot for such a small animal. I wondered if they all lived.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Thought this was another Duggar thread. Smiley Tongue