Honored Contributor

Re: 14 PHOTOS TO ALWAYS HAVE ON YOUR PHONE

Checking account number and routing number?  Lol.  What could possibly go wrong with that? Lol. 

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

Checking account number and routing number?  Lol.  What could possibly go wrong with that? Lol. 

@chrystaltree 

Well, if you don't even know how to lock your phone, it wouldn't be a good idea for you to photo anything financial. 

I still think there's a few worth considering on that list ...  JMO, of course.

Honored Contributor

Photo of your car tag would be good.  Photo of your homeowner's and auto insurance agent's contact information would be nice too.  Just in case.

Honored Contributor

I don't have a phone that stores photos. I do it the old-fashion way...carry stuff in my wallet.

Valued Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Othereeeen wrote:

But...tell  your spouse ( and YOU) not to take pictures of your/thier lover....it's time and date and geo stamped and can prove when an affair was happening in divorce court.

If you're in a crowded place, take a picture of the family BEFORE you go in for the day so you have up to date photos of how they look that day in case the worst happens and you're separated from your kid.....

@Othereeeen 

Oh ... here's a better one .....  one time I was watching some show like 20/20 or something, reporting how someone got away with murder.   Actually, they didn't .... the murderer left their phone ON and not only could police track their movement from the time of the murder, but also to where they drove to bury the body!   

The investigative reporter said they actually would have gotten away with it ... IF they had left their cell phone at home.  

Crazy world we're living in ..........

They solve a lot of murders because of this now. Your phone leaves a trail. There are no secrets anymore.

Honored Contributor

@Qgirl26 wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Othereeeen wrote:

But...tell  your spouse ( and YOU) not to take pictures of your/thier lover....it's time and date and geo stamped and can prove when an affair was happening in divorce court.

If you're in a crowded place, take a picture of the family BEFORE you go in for the day so you have up to date photos of how they look that day in case the worst happens and you're separated from your kid.....

@Othereeeen 

Oh ... here's a better one .....  one time I was watching some show like 20/20 or something, reporting how someone got away with murder.   Actually, they didn't .... the murderer left their phone ON and not only could police track their movement from the time of the murder, but also to where they drove to bury the body!   

The investigative reporter said they actually would have gotten away with it ... IF they had left their cell phone at home.  

Crazy world we're living in ..........

They solve a lot of murders because of this now. Your phone leaves a trail. There are no secrets anymore.

@Qgirl26 

You are so right .... I think the two things that repeatedly help police catch criminals are cell phone tracking .... and DNA matching on ancestry/family websites.   

Murders done when no one knew that DNA was even a thing are now being caught.  Lots of cold case are finally being solved.

I wonder what new development will be next ....

Valued Contributor

I know, it's pretty cool to see! Some of these crimes were committed years ago and they thought they'd gotten away with it. Some have because some will have died but it's amazing how they can catch up to people now. Especially through the ancestry sites. That's mindboggling how they can find a cousin of a person who committed a crime and start narrowing it down from there. All those long ago murderers should be worried now. I hope they are!

Trusted Contributor

@freakygirl wrote:

i already have some on that list, but can you imagine if you lost your phone or it was stolen? all that info in the hands of a stranger, can't be good at all. 

I agree, but if you have an iPhone you can lock your phone down if lost or stolen, also, I use Apple's notes app, you can put all this info in the notes app and lock it.

Take time every day to enjoy where you are without a need to fix it